Second life randomly works well, and randomly doesn't

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Firestorm viewer. My computer runs windows 10 and has a NVIDIA processor.

SL used to run very slowly and always had a lot of lag. So much lag that it was hard to steer my avatar straight. Suddenly It began to work normally, without lag every single second. This lasted less than a month.

One day, my computer lost power while I was logged in, and once power was restored, SL temporarily reverted back to being very laggy, before quickly working well again.

Now my computer has now lost power again, and now that power is restored, SL seems to be permanently laggy again.

SOMETHING must me making SL sometimes work well and sometimes not, but I have no Idea what.

Anyone have any ideas?

6 hours ago, Orionof said:

SL used to run very slowly and always had a lot of lag. So much lag that it was hard to steer my avatar straight. Suddenly It began to work normally, without lag every single second. This lasted less than a month.

One day, my computer lost power while I was logged in, and once power was restored, SL temporarily reverted back to being very laggy, before quickly working well again.

Now my computer has now lost power again, and now that power is restored, SL seems to be permanently laggy again.

SOMETHING must me making SL sometimes work well and sometimes not, but I have no Idea what.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried different Viewers?

I would have this issue on Firestorm. But now I use Catznip and the performance is easily doubled what I get on Firestorm. I'm not saying you should use Catznip because everyone's situation and circumstances are different; it may or may not work for you. My point is that you'll never know unless you try. My impression is that Firestorm, LL, Catznip, and Kokua are the most popular Viewers (in that order) - so try them out. If you need or want RLV then that rules out the LL Viewer, obviously.

But the thing a lot of people don't realize is that the Viewer itself has a lot to do with the performance you get. (Since switching to the newest Catznip I am running 100% full ULTRA settings with all sliders at maximum, except non-imposters set to 8  and draw distance set to 256.

Third Party Viewer directory:
Edited by Alyona Su

9 hours ago, Orionof said:

Anyone have any ideas?

Could be corrupted cache due to the power failure, try and clean your cache.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.