Our neighborhood's going to seed: Should we go to islands for some privacy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought some land on the mainland a few months ago and for a long time it was just fine. I put up a skybox and never saw anyone in the sky around me. All was SL bliss. In the last month or so everything has changed. Now, there are people on platforms less than 150m from me (Suspicious since my skybox is high in the air at an uncommon height.), I seem to have breeders on either side of me, and there's no doubt things have gotten laggier.

So my partner and I are thinking about moving.

We like to build and have a little privacy. Are islands the best option? Any suggestions on where we should look? How much should we expect to pay? We currently own 3396m w/ 900 prims in a land group and would want something similar in size and prims.

Thanks for any help.

(Updated to add info about land group size.)

an island or homestead would be the most private place, and set for no public access. an alternative would be to rent your land in a managed community where the owners have more rules and regulations to ensure your privacy.

there are several homestead rental businesses offering quarter homesteads (with a few more prims than you have now) for an affordable price, they usually place some space in between rental parcels so that you don't have any neighbor butted up to you. the place i used to rent from has some very good designs and prices to ensure privacy. hit me up in world if you'd like an lm.

Myra Wildmist wrote:

I bought some land on the mainland a few months ago and for a long time it was just fine. I put up a skybox and never saw anyone in the sky around me. All was SL bliss. In the last month or so everything has changed. Now, there are people on platforms less than 150m from me (Suspicious since my skybox is high in the air at an uncommon height.), I seem to have breeders on either side of me, and there's no doubt things have gotten laggier.

So my partner and I are thinking about moving.

We like to build and have a little privacy. Are islands the best option? Any suggestions on where we should look? How much should we expect to pay? We currently own 3396m w/ 900 prims in a land group and would want something similar in size and prims.

Thanks for any help.

(Updated to add info about land group size.)

A 4096sqm Parcel on a private estate would cost you approx 7000L per month, best option is rent a parcel with a good and ENFORCED covenant that lists some of the items you wish for ie: no breedables permitted. Do a little homework and search for a good landlord with longevity...good luck hope you find what youre looking for :matte-motes-asleep-2:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.