Good Books for modellers

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came across these books by Witold Jaworski, and was seriously impressed with the detailed explanations he uses to show how to make High-Poly models of aircraft in Blender.  Despite them not being books for Low-Poly game asset design, they are at least books, and can be used to learn these free programs.

You can use these to go from 'never heard of 3D modelling' to relative adept, but not, of course, in a short time...

nie czytasz polskiego? 

Edited by anna2358
added joke in Polish, by Google Translate.

The Blender Foudation offers a wide array of books, among which the beginner can find a GREAT manual called "Blender for Dummies". From the "never heard of 3D modeling" status, all the basic concepts are being covered and, more importantly, they would contribute to Blender's development.

• Thanks 1

When i was searching for a good book on Blender (to take on holiday), Blender for Dummies was the only one that seemed to be recommended (with the caveat that noone really recommended learning Blender from a book, because they go out of date so quickly).

I have to say I found it very useful, possibly more so than the manual, because it was so much easier to just flick through, scribble on and generally use for learning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.