My clouds have blue stars in them...how can i get pretty white clouds..phoenix viewer 1.5.2.908

desireme Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For now my internet at home is down...waiting for the tech to come out on friday and i cannot log in properly with my sl viewer until then. 

I have a version of Phoenix viewer 1.5.2.908, that i am using elsewhere, since the sl viewer won't won't load and rezz my world properly....but for some reason will allow me to use phoenix.  My heavenly white sky clouds, in the phoenix viewer, have blue looking xxx's or stars in them.   I have an Asus G73JH-BST7 Notebook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 17.3" 6GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I know this is for phoenix...but can somebody tell me how to fix my world, so that at least here, my days are rolling cloud happy....until I can get back to my sl viewer this weekend...pretty please with sugar on top!

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Desireme Fallen

4 answers to this question

That is a very nice Asus notebook! Rarely see high end graphic cards like the ATI Mobility HD 5870 in notebooks.

Anyway, this AMD page provides links to the support sites for all notebook manufacturers that AMD supply graphics cards to. AMD official policy is to recommend updated drivers from OEM sites. You'll find the Asus link on it.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-28041SupportforATIMobility.aspx

However, you can if you wish and subject to certain conditions and disclaimers, use the AMD 1.1MB download manager from the link Peewee posted to download and install Catalyst 11.4 but there is always the possibility of issues arising so AMD provides the following disclaimer:

AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.

The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur using AMD Catalyst Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.

Note also:

The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

•Any notebook launched after this driver release
•Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel® chipsets.
•Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
•Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
• Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.