How do I change the texture on my avatar's head when the texture i wish to use is "no transfer"?

Chaenomeles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Subject line explains it. Looking for someone to help me.

I have the curious ringtail avatar and I have a mod for that specific avatar. I need to change the head texture of the ringtail to the texture of the mod. The mod's directions say to "drag the texture from my inventory onto the head prims" I've tried dragging the texture onto my avatar's head. I've tried editing the head then trying to change texture in that menu. Can I actually change the texture with a "no transfer" texture? Why is this not working?

Thank you for anyone who can help.

2 answers to this question

No transfer means the texture can't be passed to a different avatar, so as long as you are trying to use it on prims that are owned by you and assuming that the prims are moddable, then it should drag on to it with no problem.

If the head is definately moddable, try rezzing it on the ground and dragging the texture on to it there.

"No transfer" just means that you can't sell or give the texture to someone else.  You can use it yourself.  You ought to be able to drag/drop it as the instructions tell you to, so long as the head is, in fact, modifiable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.