Why does my avatar appear as female to others? (I am male)

Gunga Bayn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using SL Viewer 2 (Second Life 2.6.3 (227447)) (linux verson) Ever since the enhanced physics was released, I appear to others as wearing a female body shape. The others are using Phoenix 1055 for the most part,  I have seen other posts stating that phoenix should have a fix in versions after 1052 yet this clearly isn't the case... very frustrating!

And as Phoenix doesn't like my hardware (no streaming audio using pulse audio drivers) I'll be using singularity (a non viewer 2 core viewer...) for the forseeable future. sigh.....

8 answers to this question

That is caused by avatar physics introduced with LL's official viewer 2.6.3 and the way it sends shape data to other viewers (see VWR-25479) Third party viewers without avatar physics support probably will contain a fix (Phoenix includes the fix from version 1052 onwards), but old official Viewer 1.23 or Snowglobe 1.4/1.5 from LL won't be fixed.

Addendum as you obiously already read my other posting: The latest official Phoenix version is 1050, so unless people compile Phoenix for themselves, they will not yet have a fixed version. But as far from I see from the commits for Singularity, it will have full support of avatar physics in their upcoming release, thus the issue will be fixed by incident.

to be clear (er) - My friends see me as female whenever I use SL viewer 2 (current version), They are using the current version of phoenix 1050 and see me as female frequently. NOT ALWAYS, but often. sometimes a TP corrects it... or not. Sometimes resetting to test avatar corrects it.. or not

So it appears the "FIX" supposedly in new versions of third party viewers, don't work or aren't there... Thanks for responding though, hope time brings new viewer versions that actually do correct this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.