Did You Get Flickr Right Away?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdies!

Question:  Did you understand FLICKR right away?  I am having difficulty understanding how to upload using camera roll.  Then there is an icon at the top to upload which puts photos in an album supposedly, but I cannot find the photos in an album after I upload.  I can't find the photos at all, except the ones that went into the camera roll, and now I can't seem to add other photos from camera roll.

I've been looking at links for how to use flickr and upload and You Tube videos too but nothing is helping as of yet.

Did you find Flickr to be difficult to understand and do you have any links that might help me understand Flickr and uploading photos and where the photos are?

And, lastly, did you get Flickr right away and find it easy to understand?  'Cause, I'm lost.  o.0

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Howdies!

Question:  Did you understand FLICKR right away?  I am having difficulty understanding how to upload using camera roll.  Then there is an icon at the top to upload which puts photos in an album supposedly, but I cannot find the photos in an album after I upload.  I can't find the photos at all, except the ones that went into the camera roll, and now I can't seem to add other photos from camera roll.

I've been looking at links for how to use flickr and upload and You Tube videos too but nothing is helping as of yet.

Did you find Flickr to be difficult to understand and do you have any links that might help me understand Flickr and uploading photos and where the photos are?

And, lastly, did you get Flickr right away and find it easy to understand?  'Cause, I'm lost.  o.0

You didn't say how you acess Flickr and there is plenty of different applications for different devices and OS, each of them have different UI and some of them even change funkcionality. 

I can navigate you if you use Flickr in web browser in Windows. I use Chrome, but it looks same in all browers.

For upload click on the right top corner on the cloud icon, it will open web Uploader, there you can add the picture(s) with all settings.

flickr_upload.png.0a56b4a2837a3ec75c4f81d559f7ee07.png

For other issues will help if you can share your Flickr with me and if your pictures are public, I can check and tell you what you have in albums or not etc.

How to do that? Simply open your Photostream (top menu You / Photostream) and copy paste the web from your web broser here, like that: https://www.flickr.com/photos/loverdag/

This is the web Uploder, there you will go after click on the cloud icon:

flickr2.jpg.4c211d7be08032901d635670c58a5190.jpg

The menu on the left side allows you to click and open more options, if you want to test it and upload pictures visible only to you, change it under Privacy.

Always pay attention to Safety setting under Content filters, "safe" is strictly for non-adult content, if you will upload somehting "adult", change it there to moderate or restricted. 

Groups, albums, tags and people, all - can be changed or added later when the picture is already in your photostream, so you can use the options in Uploader or not, it really doesn't matter much. 

And one note about Albums - albums actually do not cointain pictures. All pictures you upload go in your photostream.

Albums are only "filters" showing SELECTED pictures form your PHOTOSTREAM. 

For the instance you want to see only photos of cats, so you create album Cats and all your cats pictures from your photostream can be filtered and seen there. But they are still in the photostream only - if you delete them in the photostream, they will dissapear from the album as well. 

And Flickr groups are exactly same - they also show the pictures in from user's photostreams, but they do not contain them. 

12 minutes ago, loverdag said:

If you need more help, write more specific problems or questions. I understand you are lost, but it doens't tell me what exactly you need to know.

Hi Loverdag, 

Thanks for your replies and offer to help.

After trying to work FLICKR for six hours this morning along with internet HOW TO searches for FLICKR, I finally found this:

*********************************************  It was the IMPORTANT step below I could not find in other web search FLICKR instructions.  I have too hit the UPLOAD twice.  First hit upload to start a photo, then add to an album (here is where I thought I was done cuz it says enter DONE.)  But, it's not done, I need to hit UPLOAD X (amount of photos) AGAIN.  I think understand some of it now.   

***************************************************************************************************************

Adding Pictures to Flickr and Placing Them into Existing or New Albums
Instructions:

Visit Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/
Hit “Sign in” in the top right corner.
Enter your username and password. (or register a new account)
Hit Upload
Hit Choose Photos and videos
Select all the pictures you’d like to upload
For each picture, you can set a title, description, and, on the left, select “Add to Album” and drop the picture into the relevant album by clicking on the album (it will display a green tick). NOTE if the album doesn’t exist, you can add a new one here.
IMPORTANT – after configuring your pictures, hit “Upload X Photos” in the top right (blue button) and this will put all the photos up into the relevant albums.

Edited by FairreLilette

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I have too hit the UPLOAD twice. 

Where do you need to hit somehting twice? I do not do that.

1/ log in Flickr

2/ click the cloud icon to open web Uploader (my first picture above)

3/ in the Uploder make the settings on the left side (my second picture above)

4/ hit the blue "Upload photo(s)" button in the right top corner of Uploder:

flickr3.jpg.6a0bf4d1cfbac2ea9775923dbe521671.jpg

Done.

Albums are optional, you dont need to use them at all.But if you want, you can add them in the Uploder in the left menu before you upload the picture OR you can add them any time later in your photostream - see menu under picture, albums are in the right bottom corner of the screenshot.

flickr4.thumb.jpg.0003cfe5c7b58aef78cd1bf9dd3c77ff.jpg

But as I said, Albums are only filters, they help you to filter pictures in your photostream in categories, you don't have to use them. All your pictures are in your photostream, no matter if you added them in albums or not.

Also if you want to use albums and if you do it in Uploader (in the left menu), you don't have to do it later again, the picture is already there. So there is nothing  "twice". I must admit I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

11 minutes ago, loverdag said:

Where do you need to hit somehting twice? I do not do that.

1/ log in Flickr

2/ click the cloud icon to open web Uploader (my first picture above)

3/ in the Uploder make the settings on the left side (my second picture above)

4/ hit the blue "Upload photo(s)" button in the right top corner of Uploder:

flickr3.jpg.6a0bf4d1cfbac2ea9775923dbe521671.jpg

Done.

Albums are optional, you dont need to use them at all.But if you want, you can add them in the Uploder in the left menu before you upload the picture OR you can add them any time later in your photostream - see menu under picture, albums are in the right bottom corner of the screenshot.

flickr4.thumb.jpg.0003cfe5c7b58aef78cd1bf9dd3c77ff.jpg

But as I said, Albums are only filters, they help you to filter pictures in your photostream in categories, you don't have to use them. All your pictures are in your photostream, no matter if you added them in albums or not.

Also if you want to use albums and if you do it in Uploader (in the left menu), you don't have to do it later again, the picture is already there. So there is nothing  "twice". I must admit I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

Oh, sorry if I am confusing you now!   I mean the upload process you have to hit twice more or less but not exactly.  Usually, you hit upload and the photo uploads and you are done more or less,  but with Flickr you have to hit the upload icon (which is only starting the upload process).  That is what was mis-leading to me, plus after you add the photo it says hit DONE.  So, I just assumed I was done.  But it never added any photo to the album even though it says hit DONE AND  you can see your photo uploaded.   Anyhow, it's not done, you have to hit UPLOAD X PHOTOS box in the upper right corner of the computer screen as the very last step too.   Thanks again for your help!  I think I'm on my way to understanding a bit of it.  

Don't be sorry, I think I got what you mean :)

When you use (or not) the left menu in Uploader there is A LOT of settings you can chose (or not) and after you click on the blue Upload button, Flickr gives you chance to check if all the settings are correct:

flickr5.jpg.490b38135b228dabfa9e1888f30e47ae.jpg

This is because you can accidently upload private pictures as public - and I'm sure you don't want that - (or to make accidently other mistakes), so Flickr gives you summary of the settings. But its NEW blue button, you do not hit twice the same one as before, its why I was confused .... but I beleive you meant this. Anyways its supposed to appear in the middle of screen, it should be impossible to miss it and not to see it or not to know you have to click it.

I made you screenshot, this "safety" tab appears for me like white box in the middle of black screen, its really hard to miss it:

flickr6.jpg.a540775062367665a80cb4505eb709df.jpg

Edited by loverdag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.