A simple random script with IF statement!

ZackCero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ooh, a new word! I like your style!

i didn't think it was necessary as I was chatting to Wulfie and I didn't think combinatorics arithmetic needed explaining in the context of the chat and the person

turned out tho that we were talking about 2 different arithmetic equations. And as KT has since commented that they never knew about this kinda equation, I now thought that in this context some explanation of the difference might be useful

• Like 1

I remember learning the difference between permutations and combinations in my first statistics class, a very long time ago.  It was a wonderful revelation.  One of the sad truths of mathematics is that we tend to remember well only those principles that we use often. The wonderful revelation has become rather dusty in my tool box. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ellestones said:

i didn't think it was necessary as I was chatting to Wulfie and I didn't think combinatorics arithmetic needed explaining in the context of the chat and the person

turned out tho that we were talking about 2 different arithmetic equations. And as KT has since commented that they never knew about this kinda equation, I now thought that in this context some explanation of the difference might be useful

It definitely wasn't necessary for our purposes, I was already familiar with combinations, RNG, and the modulus operator. I just amusingly failed to understand the code I tried to break down and clarify because I got side-tracked/code-blinded as I was doing the math on paper. Ironically I didn't test my proposed change of using llFrand(3) instead of 2 either, when "testing your own code" is something I do (and have) advocated for. That really was the issue.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.