Cannot access second life from this computer...

Izabella21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi was wondering if anynone can shed some light on this for me..

All ok with my account lastnight...tried to login this morning and it comes up with message 'cannot access second life from this computer'

My avatars are not banned as they can be logged on at a different site but it seems perhaps my ip address is banned/blocked?????

I have not done anything to be banned as far as Iam aware, no abuse etc

I have sent a tciket to support but heard someone been waiting a month to get sorted... :(  Any help would be greatly appreciated right now.

8 answers to this question

Hello Izabella. Did you try to clear your cache? Maybe it will help you.

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

Delete everything in that folder and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the

folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Its more than just an IP ban, because it doesn`t usually fix it by just changing your IP. If you didn`t get an email saying you are banned then its likely a mistake & happens quite a lot.

If  you do need to LL to unblock it &  you are a Premium member just have a word with LiveChat and it gets resolved very quickly.  If you are a Basic member, you will either be very lucky or run round in circles for ages. Some people get a great result from calling the free billing number (even though its not their job)  & others get success from emailing support@secondlife.com

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

ah, glad I found this

First I'm running a rebuilt dell e520 with alot of upgrades

Was running sl just fine, went to bed and left my toon to cuddle another in sl

was booted over night

that isn't uncommon so I logged back in

got the same exact error "second life cannot be accessed from this computer"

I'm far from a noob idiot, I've researched this for days....

reset everything possible

went back to a previous restore point -thinking a windows 7 update screwed me since this is a brand new settup for me-

uninstalled EVERY CLIENT as per the wiki instructions

reinstalled

According to tech support I have no issues with my account

So this is possibly and probably computer based.

Three days and same error. Light shedding would be great!

I have the EXACT same problem as yoU! like EXACTLY! It's really depressing, and this is a big problem... hmm... I have asked this question a million times before, I even CHANGED my IP adress Twice... And second Life Support will not answer......:smileymad: I'm sorry I cannot answer your question, because I too thought it was a blocked IP, so i changed the country and the server and everything.... grrrr.... I can log on on other computers! makes no sense right...

I had this same issue and I researched all of the blogs concerning this error message. I knew that I could not have been blocked for any inappropriate reason because I am usually hanging out by myself on secondlife very seldom do I mingle. Anyways the cure all is to unplug your modem, unplug your router. Then after 5 minutes plug them back in and try to log on. If stilll not working type in your web browser 192.168.1.254 and make a new connection. It worked for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.