How to rez an avatar

SharpElene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good evening,

I have purchased a skin for my avatar and on the instructions, it says that I need to "rez an avatar on the ground" I'm pretty sure I can decipher the rest of the instructions I just need to know what does this one step means. And how can I achieve such a thing.

Thanks for your help.

Go to a region you have build rights in, or a sandbox.... Find your MOD body (I guess you are using Kemono, Kuroo, or Avatar2, maybe the snake) and drag it from your inventory to the ground. Don't drag it onto mesh, like the floor of a house as that can fail in some cases. Make sure it's the ground.

It's then rezzed.

You can follow the instructions or the skin from that point.

The phrase "rez an avatar on the ground" is confusing. System avatars rez at login. They aren't really something you can rez. So, knowing this the phrase seems to direct something impossible. 

But, the phrase has meaning in regard to custom avatars. Various designers make 'full avatars'. These 'full avatars' are attachments that fit over the system avatar and essentially replace it. Those can be 'rezzed on the ground'. You are taking something from inventory and dragging it into the world. We do the same with couches, cars, helicopters, etc. The custom avatar is just another thing to be moved from inventory into the world.

For someone knowledgeable about SL the phrase would make sense. For the new it is just confusing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.