Rampant Theft and Fraud on MP

Nicholas Melchior

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

I'm sure Netflix's legal affairs team would agree with you after Disney bankrupts Netflix with punitive damages for taking down all the disney content because they received a DMCA from a "Mr Noname Mc Nobody" with no traceable RL contact details via a mobile Web cafe in a Yurt in Outer Mongolia...

Obviously, if Mr Mc Nobody felt strongly enough about Disney pirating all that movie IP from him, to climb on his pony and ride for 3 days and two nights to the web-yurt to file a DMCA, no further validation is needed to takedown all Disney owned IP, right?

Hahahahahaha

Don't be so disingenuous, you can't compare Netflix to the SL Marketplace (or Youtube, to be at least on a similar platform).

Netflix doesn't rely on user-submitted content. They operate under an entirely different set of legal hurdles, and have explicitly acquired rights to everything they host before it goes up.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

4 years later, I will give you my point of view on this question.

I recently wanted to create a small activity on Second life. I know how to use blender, I have ideas, and I even started to build my business plan.

The problem is that I remembered that at one time it was possible to copy someone else's creation very easily, so I am inquiring to find out if Linden Labs has stopped this kind of activity.

... After several topics read on the forums, and others, I realize that the theft of properties on second life has become systematic!!!, that it is no longer possible to create a business without having all its creations stolen same day...

As a result, I'm not going to create my small business (no desire to be robbed), and on the other hand I understand better why the marketplace has become so empty. It is time for Linden Labs to react, especially when it announces that it is investing massively in second life to make it a new metaverse...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, corentin Foden said:

and on the other hand I understand better why the marketplace has become so empty.

Empty? At the moment of me writing this there are exactly 7,763,542 products listed on the MP. What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.