Adult Zindra Land prices

Ravena DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

two part question. 1.why do linden allow landowners on the adult mainland Zindra to hike the land prices to such heights as to be a total rip off?and 2. the follow up is if the land owners have any special deals that make it feasible for them to hold on to that much unrented land and keep the prices high.

4 minutes ago, Ravena DeCuir said:

two part question. 1.why do linden allow landowners on the adult mainland Zindra to hike the land prices to such heights as to be a total rip off?and 2. the follow up is if the land owners have any special deals that make it feasible for them to hold on to that much unrented land and keep the prices high.

Its their land, they can try to sell it for as much as they want.

I've done the math, owning a full tiers worth of parcels can be quite lucrative as long as the turn over is good, but that doesn't work in Zindra, because  I doubt much ever sells.

I have a 512 roadfront on Zindra i bought for $3000 L, while similar parcels on the continent are usually 2 or 3 or more times as much. There was an 80 sq m abandoned strip beside mine which i got LL to sell me in a direct sale.

7 minutes ago, Ravena DeCuir said:

1.why do linden allow landowners on the adult mainland Zindra to hike the land prices to such heights as to be a total rip off?

Why should Linden Lab care what prices residents set on their own land?  If someone is willing to pay an exorbitantly high price, the owner has made a hefty profit.  If not, the landowner will either need to be really patient or eventually lower the price.  Supply and demand at work.

10 minutes ago, Ravena DeCuir said:

if the land owners have any special deals that make it feasible for them to hold on to that much unrented land and keep the prices high.

It's unlikely.  What's in it for Linden Lab?  Land speculators with money are betting that the market will meet their prices sooner or later.  If a landowner has deep enough pockets to buy a lot of land and then wait for a long time to get a profit from it, why should Linden Lab make it any easier? 

23 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have no official statements on either question to hand, but I don't believe it's Linden policy to interfere in resident land prices.  I am quite sure no-one is getting a special deal; they just have deep pockets and a plan for sitting it out until someone breaks. 

Yep. LL is getting tier from all those high priced parcels. They couldn't care less what price they are being sold for. All LL is interested in is the tier, as it should be, not how much one resident will try and gouge another resident for.

Another one of my suggestions to improve mainland tier income.... Double or triple the amount of ADULT mainland, and continue adding adult sims until the flippers run out of money to keep buying more.

Then everyone else will be able to buy adult land direct from LL, and the flippers will have to lower their prices. It's a win for everyone.

Well maybe not the flippers, but if they lose money due to their own greed, they have no one to blame but themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.