Estate Access Management: Project Viewer

Grumpity Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Super excited to announce a new Project Viewer that's been a long time in the works.  

This shiny new viewer is a brave foray into improving the state of Estate Access Management! We can’t wait to see what you think about it. Here’s what you’ll find:

• New “Access” tab in the Region/Estate floater with subtabs for “Estate Managers”, “Allowed”, “Allowed Groups”, and “Banned”
    • Recording banned date, banned by, and last login for each banned account †
    • Search & Sort within each of the sub-tabs
    • Copy Banlist & Allowed-list
    • Added a confirmation for adding or removing from a list
  • More Estate Managers!
    • We’re upping the number to 15. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

†these features only available going forward (meaning, you can't find out who banned grieferpants.resident 5 years ago, but you can if they get banned tomorrow).

As always, please file a Jira to tell us about any problems you discover or request additions or feature changes to this functionality.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Project_EAM/5.2.0.518362

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It's a nice review of the existing features with some new features that don't really make me break out in enthusiasm. The only good thing is the display of the last login so that you can clean the ban list a bit. Otherwise my enthusiasm after 10 years as a estatemanager is rather limited. What I consider to be more important would be the possibility to ask for a parcel ban if it is to affect only these, or all other parcels in group ownership. This would also allow parcel owners to protect others from any unwanted persons without having Estate permissions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.