Abandoning Linden Home: How to Reclaim Furniture / Objects?

Egonya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.

I'm abandoning my Linden Home to buy a parcel of land.

What's the proper way to: 1) gather up my stuff and 2) officially abandon the home?

In Firestorm, in the About Land window, under the Objects tab, I see a "return" button. Is that what I click to get back all of my stuff?

no do not use that button.

take it up with your mouse, it will be put in the right folder in your inventory again.

do this instead : right click/take  on every item

if you use the "return" all will be send to your "lost and found" folder as one cluttered object with a random name from one of the items.

I'd recommend you go have a look at some starter turorials about building en how things in SL work, most of those primary "skills"  are used several times a day by most residents. The learning curve for sl is pretty steep, don't overrush it :)

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no do not use that button.

take it up with your mouse, it will be put in the right folder in your inventory again.

do this instead : right click/take  on every item

if you use the "return" all will be send to your "lost and found" folder as one cluttered object with a random name from one of the items.

I'd recommend you go have a look at some starter turorials about building en how things in SL work, most of those primary "skills"  are used several times a day by most residents. The learning curve for sl is pretty steep, don't overrush it :)

Thanks. 

I'll do this.

And what's the simplest way to abandon my home?

1 hour ago, Egonya said:

Thanks. 

I'll do this.

And what's the simplest way to abandon my home?

stand in it, open "about land"/ "parcel details" (depending on what viewer) and click abandon..

first pick up your items, or it will be returned by the system and you'll still be stuck up with one cluttered object.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.