Kendall30a

kendall30a

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

So far i have spent nearly four hours here and have gotten absolutely no where.  i cannot eve find a place where there is another person to ask for help.  i have gotten absolutely zip from your tutorials and when i click on help i am taken to..............https://help.casperdns.com/nosession.phphelp.casperdns.com...........where there are very strange questions.................like.......What product did you pay for but have never received.  That is NOT the kind of help i am seeking

Furthermore i have never purchased a product from anywhere through some outfit named.......Casperdns

I know i am not the brightest lightbulb in the box....but somehow i am not very impressed either

2 answers to this question

Oh, my!  I wonder how you entered Second Life?  On your first log in with the viewer, you should have arrived at Learning Island, where there are three or four really basic tutorials on how to move around in SL.  That should have led directly to Social Island, where there are more in depth tutorials and some portals that direct you to a selection of potentially interesting sites in world.  It sounds like you somehow missed all of that.  Let's see what we can do to give some basic instructions.

The place to start is the Knowledge Base, through the tab at the top of this page.  The very first article to read is this one ...

Then take a look at other related articles for newcomers'

7a5ad41c7d64c78bef574b199878cead.png

And then, once you get in world, head for Caledon Oxbridge University (which you can find easily by opening your Map view).  They have a wonderful array of self-paced tutorials and classes, and there is almost always someone there as a mentor to help you with more specific questions.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

You mean general SL help ?

BTW Casper is the company that provides the backend for almost all shopping vendors in Second Life now, there were others but survival of the fittest and all that. They are implicitly trusted. .. So I can only presume you are clicking on "help" on someones vendor in a store.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.