I lost several items when I moved, where did they go and how do i get them back?

Riverdawn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I lost several items when I moved from one parcel to another and I don't know where they went. The sim was restarted as I was trying to move things also. Where did my items go and how can I get them back? I looked in my transacrtion history to see if I could notifty the people / stores I purchased them from but the history doesn't show that far back.

I was 'taking' them back into my inventory after I highlighted everything on the parcel while I was in the "build" mode. I got a notice that some things were not copyable, but I didn't think that would matter. When I tried to rez it on the new parcel, I realized that several things were gone. Not in lost in found ot recent items, or in general inventory.

I was trying to rez things on the new parcel when the sim was restarted.

3 answers to this question

When you say you were "moving" were you actually moving the objects or were you taking them back to your inventory and rezzing them again on the new parcel? Or were they returned to you by the landowner?

If you was just moving things around on the sim, they should still be there, in one place or the other.

If you took them back to your inventory yourself one by one, they will have gone back to the original folders that they were in when you last rezzed them. If you cannot remember the names, you should be able to find them in your "recent" section. You can go to the gear icon at the bottom of the RECENT tab and select show filters, in the filter window that opens, use the boxes for "days and hours" to set the filter back far enough to when this was occurring and all the items that went into your inventory since that time will show up then in Recent, in their various locations.

If someone else cleared your land and returned your items to you, they will have gone to your Lost and Found folder. They could be there as a coalesced object, which has an icon of a stack of boxes and could be called anything, even Object, depending on which object was selected last. If you have any of these, you need to rezz them and take back the items one by one to your inventory to sepearate them. I would recommend rezzing them up in the sky away from other stuff if its possible that there are lots of items in them.

--||-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.