Skin Applier Recommendations

Veigarus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

In the past Catwa used skins by skinnery - their skins should give you a seamless look when combined with te ones inbuildt in the head.

Ya I actually went there first, but their male section is "coming soon".

Checking out Stray Dog since apparently his tones are compatible with L'Etre which I use for my mesh body

Yup, finally found something that works. L'Etre and Stray Dog have tones that compatible with eachother.

Gianna Mesh Body from Signature - L'Etre Sandy Applier

Catwa Daniel Mesh Head - Stray Dog Sandy Applier

For possible future reference for those who might need.

Thank you Fionalein!

/thread

2 hours ago, Veigarus said:

Yup, finally found something that works......have tones that compatible with eachother.

so have Not Found and Clef de Peau  :)

i think the stray dog and l'etre work well, but both went their own ways after the trouble with l'etre some time ago, they still match now, but never know upfront that stays that way.

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

In the past Catwa used skins by skinnery - their skins should give you a seamless look when combined with te ones inbuildt in the head.

Catwa's female Bento heads match to body skins by The Skinnery. Her male Bento heads match to the Gen 1 body appliers by Clef de Peau, which are now only available from the Clef de Peau vendor in the male heads section of the Catwa store. Marco (CdP's owner & creator) is now on the 3rd gen of male body appliers at his mainstore, which don't match at all to the Catwa Bento head defaults. I haven't checked recently to see if he has updated the necks of his older head appliers to match the new gen body appliers (or if he's removed the older heads from sale altogether, to avoid confusion), but it was always a little bit of a minefield matching Clef heads and bodies to each other because of the different gen skins, so - even more so than usual - always try demos of both to ensure you can get a good match at the neck.

3 hours ago, Veigarus said:

Yup, finally found something that works. L'Etre and Stray Dog have tones that compatible with eachother.

Gianna Mesh Body from Signature - L'Etre Sandy Applier

Catwa Daniel Mesh Head - Stray Dog Sandy Applier

For possible future reference for those who might need.

You've got a great combination there. L'Etre also make fantastic head appliers, and I prefer their body to Stray Dog's own body appliers. However, for that 'possible future reference' you mentioned, it's only Stray Dog's older head appliers that have tones named to match L'Etre's tones (eg: sandy, buttermilk, etc). His newer head appliers - since the release of his own body appliers - have numbered tones. They still match to L'Etre's body appliers, and there are graphics posted all around the store showing which number matches to which name, as below:

5b32201651e0f_StrayDogtoLEtre.JPG.e1aeecfd46711a606e17d1c0f6eb34bc.JPG

I tend to use L'Etre's buttermilk tones, which means I buy Tone 04 from Stray Dog.

If you have any issues with or queries about your Daniel head, @Veigarus, join the 'Catwa Head Friends' group inworld. It's free to join and the CSRs (of which I'm one) and other group members can help you solve any problems and answer any questions that you have. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.