Very Odd TP/Connectivity Issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All ~

Yesterday (Tuesday) I tried to login to my "last location" which is the same as home. It failed and I assumed it was because of rolling restarts. And so, I chose random places from the destination guide until I was successful. Every time I attempted to TP home, I was disconnected. I can TP anywhere in SL, but I can not go home and the problem persists today. I was using firestorm, I have a new computer connected directly to ethernet. I downloaded the SL viewer and experienced the same problem with the SL viewer. I used the map to TP to a different location on the sim and that did not resolve the issue. My wife can TP home. Other friends can TP to the sim. But every attempt I make results in me being disconnected and I have no troubles TP'ing to other sims. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am not technical but your post needed a reply before tech people get here :D  

If it was me;  I would first try a reboot of modem.  Then ask for the sim to be restarted again via your landlord and I think others will suggest you post your pc stats here too via your viewer - HELP - ABOUT   

Thanks, Cindy. I am logging in from my work network so I can not reset modem. However, here are my stats.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (2496 MHz)
Memory: 8059 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 23.21.13.9135
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.35
RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.1.4 / RLVa v2.1.0.53634
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.9.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.61
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
LibVLC Version: 2.2.4
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.22050
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2018-6-5T18:10:15
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 33/41,384 (0.1%)
June 06 2018 05:34:07 SLT

1 hour ago, rustinmyheart said:

I am also wondering what the modem reset will do if it allows me to go to all other sims (at least all others I have tried), but not this single sim.

Possibly/Probably  nothing.  Just the last problem I had with sl disconnecting (albeit a while ago)  was solved by rebooting my modem

Well --- I still don't understand it, but solved it. Signed up for VPN. I can understand my workplace blocking SL, in general. However, it seems they blocked just a single sim???? I know that does not make sense, but the pieces fit. I was able to tp to my SL home from my RL home network, but not from work network. I can go everywhere else from work network, but not my home sim. VPN solved it, however. Weird.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rustinmyheart said:

Well --- I still don't understand it, but solved it. Signed up for VPN. I can understand my workplace blocking SL, in general. However, it seems they blocked just a single sim???? I know that does not make sense, but the pieces fit. I was able to tp to my SL home from my RL home network, but not from work network. I can go everywhere else from work network, but not my home sim. VPN solved it, however. Weird.

Ahh, I don't think any of us knew that you could successfully do the TP from one network and not from another.  We were under the impression that you could not TP home NO MATTER WHAT.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.