set chrome to use SL viewer by default?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I use firefox it prompted me to select which viewer I wanted to open SL urls. Obviously I chose the secondlife viewer. When using chrome however, the browser defaults to using Alchemy. If I delete Alchemy it defauls to firestorm. it never asks my permission. Ive tried googling to no avail. I think I  have my mac set that SL should be the default for sulr. If I use safari it also uses the correct Sl viewer. I cant figure out how to make chrome obey. Anyone have an idea.

In case you are confused here is what happens. using browser to look at cool things in the marketplace, decide to go to the inworld store, clock on inworld store, browser opens the "map" where you can click to teleport and this will open the SL viewer. works properly in firefox and safari. though with the caveat it opens the viewer but always drops the SURL. So I end up having to copy and paste it into the viewer anyway. and as for chrome.epic fail. Would like to get chrome to at least open the viewer I want not the ones I dont want at the moment.

21 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

I think what you want is the program SLURL Proxy available here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/slurl_proxy.

This lets you select the SL viewer you want to fire up when you click an SLURL on a web site.

Without this, generally, the most recently installed viewer will grab ownership of the SLURL protocol.

Worked perfectly TY. I have been copying and pasting for months when I installed another viewer to access Opensim :(.   It USED to be easy to fix this in Windows. Not so much with Win10 :D.

Appreciate you posting that wiki page!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Updating the link in this older thread as Google LOVES this thread and the info is VERY IMPORTANT when you need it -- as I just did yet again.  

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/slurl

Didn't work quite as easily as last time, but it worked.   Not the proxy program, but "improved" Windows :D.  

Adding here:  This does "work" but for me each time I click on a map SLURL the little box with choices pops up briefly. That really shouldn't happen and never did before --- again likely a Win10 change, but be prepared for that. Not a big deal, just doesn't run smoothly like before. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.