Does SL allow making huds to reattach body parts on the fly?

spookcity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have these legs that always wonk out, and any time I stand up I have to manually go in, take them off, then readd them to fix. Are there methods in place that lets me whip up a script to do it? Never touched LSL before, but I've used other languages

You could get the legs to detach automatically using LSL, but not reattach themselves. Once they're inactive in inventory, that's it as far as LSL is concerned.

One way using just LSL would require you to have rez rights for the land you're on at the time (which will probably be only very occasionally). You'd need a script in a HUD or other attachment that'd re-rez the legs and a script in the legs that'd reattach them.

However, were you to use a third-party viewer with RLV enabled the process would be fairly straightforward. Have a HUD script polling llGetAnimation to spot a change from sitting to standing and then use RLV commands to detach and reattach the legs.

Not knowing anything about your legs though, have you tried the reset skeleton option on your avatar's right-click menu?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.