Does updating the viewer mean resetting graphics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I updated the newest viewer about 3 weeks ago and I was instructed to change my advance graphics due to problems I was having.  Now I'm wondering if the viewer has been updated again?  If I go in and grab the newest viewer will I have to reset all my advance graphics again?  If I do, how do I take a picture of the screen with the advance graphics showing?  Thanks in advance, Milla

Am unsure on the SL viewer, I will assume yes, as most would revert to default. 

FS has a method to manually backup/restore all your preferences ,settings, logs so you arrive as updated with older things kept. (But is several steps, manually, to accomplish it)  

To take a screenshot of your settings, you can use such basic ways as hitting the PRINT key on your keyboard to grab a snapshot of your current screen. You can paste (ctrl + v) to an image viewer application of your choice... Paint or Paint.net, IrfanView, even into Word.

Or use the Windows Snipping Tool.

Inside the viewer, you can also save your graphic settings via the Graphics tab in your Preferences.

Also in the Preferences, you should find an option concerning automatically downloading new viewer updates. Switch that off and I think you should only get notified from now on ... been a while since I used an official viewer, I'm afraid. ;) 

FS did reset it all for me on my latest reinstall... so yeah make notes on your settings, the graphics was OK the stored graphics settings worked fine for retrieval the rest of the FS setup was however a pain in the ass to get it back to how I had it...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.