Sign in to follow this  
Cesartje

Can you buy premium with lindens?

Question

i read at a blog somewhere that you could buy premium account with lindens, so I decided to ask here.

Is it true? If it is, i will start to save...

3 answers to this question

No you can't. Premium subscriptions are always paid with real money - credit card, PayPal, Skrill, or some other way of paying with real money.

What you can do is save up your L$ and sell them on the Lindex. That will put real US$ into your account, with which you can pay the Premium subscription.

However, unless I'm mistaken, a Premium account has to have payment info on file, so it must have a declared way of paying real money.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

No you can't. Premium subscriptions are always paid with real money - credit card, PayPal, Skrill, or some other way of paying with real money.

What you can do is save up your L$ and sell them on the Lindex. That will put real US$ into your account, with which you can pay the Premium subscription.

However, unless I'm mistaken, a Premium account has to have payment info on file, so it must have a declared way of paying real money.

Thank you so much for the answer !

Phil is correct on both counts.  You need a payment method on file to have a Premium membership...but you don't actually have to PAY with that method.  If you have a business, or some activity that earns you $L, you can sell $L and turn them into money in your $USD Balance.  When the time comes to pay LL for anything...Premium dues, land tier, etc...they go first to your $USD Balance.  If there's enough there to pay the bill, all's well.  If there isn't, they will then charge your registered payment method for the remainder.