terrain textures

latino32 Galaxy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

There are 4 layers of terrain that can each have a different texture and each layer shows (and blends with the other layers) at different heights which you set.

The only way to get what you describe is to have the lower level textures as sand and the higher levels as grass and then to use a combination of land height and level settings to get the desired effect.

The levels for the textures can be set differently for each corner of he sim, so you can adjust half the sim one way and half another as well as making the side with the grass slightly higher land level.

It won`t be a perfect line down the middle of the sim, because the system is designed to blend the textures, so you will likely get some grass patches in your sand and sand patches in your grass.

@Peter, not 100% sure what you mean about a half and half texture as terrain textures have a bazillion repeats, but I agree it is possible to get a fairly good result using a combo of the land height and texture level settings. I did actually do exactly the combo the OP is asking about on a rental sim I used to have, but LL does have a weird quirk where it shows different views to each person everytime you relog or TP and I would set it so the sand was flawless (to me) and the tenants would show up and send me pics of their patches of wrong textures. It was impossible to make it "perfect" because it constantly changed LOL :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.