No Access to land?

Alyssa Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I rent a 1/2 sim on the mainland, and pay tiers on time each month to the landowner.  For the last 6 days we have been unable to get to our land, we get the message "Could not teleport, sorry you do not have access to that teleport destination".  

Unfortunately, the landowners have not responded to any of my pleas for help over the last 6 days. They are always offline and unavailable.  

I fear they may have or are in the process of abandoning their responsibilities. 

Any advice?

12 answers to this question

I am not banned personally, rather myself and my partner are both unable to get to the land. Here is what happens, when trying to get to my land by TP or flying, both me and my partner get this msg "Could not teleport, sorry you do not have access to that teleport destination" and we cannot TP there.

When we first logged in back to our "home setting" we were immediately sent to a safe hub with the same error msg. The weird thing is that there was one time this week my partner could get to the land for a few hours, then it went back to that error message, and blocking us from going to the land. We have tried a few different viewers as well, two different computers and locations. Its really weird.

The map does not have the region in red, and LL confirms its not "offline".

Alyssa is my Partner. Nobody can access the sim. Our nieghbors who just moved in are in the same boat. Best we can do is stand in the next sim over and admire our hard work from afar. I have managed to get to the land a few times but it reverts rite back to how it is now.

I hope they dont mind but im getting reddy to pitch a tent at the safe hub since im always there.

Are any of you Premium members that can speak to LiveChat? It sounds like the owners have locked you all out for some reason, though I can`t think of a logical reason why they would. If they hadn`t paid the tier fee, LL would just reclaim the land, they wouldn`t bother messing about stuff like this.

The only other thing I can think is that the sim is broken and needs to be restarted & for that a request to LL should be enough.

Hi, Alyssa, it was good to meet you just now inworld.

It does look to me like the sim owner/one of the estate managers has switched off access to the sim, and gone away for a few days.  It is a good sign that the adjacent sim, which they also own, is still live, though, and I feel it was just an error.  As Peewee says, if you or your partner are Premium Members, it would be worth you contacting Live Chat to see if they can help you, but if there is nothing actually wrong with the sim, performance-wise, I doubt they will restart the sim (but it is worth an ask).

If the estate manager accidentally left the sim "no access" to anyone and then went on vacation for a week or two, all you can do is wait.  They should probably give you a refund for the time you were not able to access the land you rent from them, as a gesture of goodwill.

Please keep this thread up to date, because I'd love to know the outcome. I am sure all will work out in the next few days/week. It seems to be a genuine error on the part of the estate manager.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.