Why can't I manually set my character as away?

NJMike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I try to set my character away, it says it above my tag, then disappears shortly after. I made sure I didn't move the mouse AT ALL after I clicked it, yet it still went away. It only stays if I am idle for two minutes. If I set my character as busy, however, that will stay.

Yeah, AFK sometimes cancels for no apparent reason. You can try going into Preferences and setting the time before AFK to some really small number (I don't know what the minimum setting is -- never tried it).  That way, even if you do pop out of gear, you'll go back to AFK pretty quickly.

Same problem i have. When i close iTunes (since i listen to my own music in SL) that problem was solved too. I turns out that iTunes shares a same channel on the internet connection that triggers activity for the SL viewers 1.x and 2.x. Very odd. 

So when i have iTunes and SL running at the same time it happens like you describe, however when i close iTunes it does not. I have not tested it with QuickTime btw.

I had a ticket put in for this issue, but i found out myself and LL isn't aware of this matter so it seems, well not the customer services anyway (for wat CS at LL are worth).

Perhaps more programs are intefering with SL on this matter i don't know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.