Billing Issue

Alianora Klossovsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all. I thought I had checked the box to downgrade my account to basic (the day before it was to be renewed for a new month), but when I received my debit billing statement I noticed that LL had withdrawn the monthly $10 fee and I checked my account online and it is still premium. Is this worth fighting with them? And if I cancel it now, will I at least be able to receive my benefits until the end of the month? Even though I didn't want the premium for another month, I'd rather keep it and at least partially benefit from it, rather than flat out throwing away $10. What would you recommend? And how often in advance should I cancel the premium aspect it in the future?

2 answers to this question

When you downgrade it takes effect from when your current paid-for persiod expires, so you are entitled to the benefits up until that renewal date.

However one of the benefits is the ability to own land or a Linden home, but when you downgrade it makes you release all land before it lets you do it, so I`m not sure how that ties in with the claim that your benefits continue lol.

• Like 1

It is Murphy's law that the moment you go back to having a Basic account you'll need Support, and will be frustrated that it's just not available.

I'd recommend you keep the Premium account, but pay it quarterly rather than monthly, as you pay less per month that way.  I worked it out that, taking into consideration the 512m of land allowed with no tier fee to pay, so I have a "home" base as well as support (which I do take full advantage of), and the weekly stipend I am paid, I pay out only 58p a week (UK money). Less than the cost of a magazine, and worth it to me.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.