Rigged hair that doesn't fit..

LexxiXhan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorting through my hair folder, I've come across a few rigged hairs that I like, but which don't fit properly :(

I know I can edit my shape, but that just undermines the shapes that I've spent hours lovingly editing...none of which have particularly big heads or odd dimensions (and how come other rigged hairs fit just fine??). I don't care so much if it's a hair that doesn't do much for me or if I have a better alternative in my inventory, but some of these are ones I really like! Is there really no workaround other than editing a shape specially for ill-fitting hairs?

Here's an example:

Riggedx3.jpg.19d9f8464eca5f7ee30b563b272a308e.jpg

If the ill-fitting hair styles come from the same creator, they might be using an odd base for their rigging. That's one possibility. 

Did you check the HUD of your mesh head for a "scalp alpha" option to blend out the top of the head?

If neither works ... well, there might not be much to edit. Perhaps a few ticks off of the overall head size and/or reduce the head stretch / forehead heavy options.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

If the ill-fitting hair styles come from the same creator, they might be using an odd base for their rigging. That's one possibility. 

Some of them do come from the same creator, and if they are rigging to just one particular, popular, brand of head then that just seems a bit self-limiting on their part - head shapes don't vary so wildly that they wouldn't get more sales by ensuring their designs fit a variety of heads and shape without compromising their preferred brand.

15 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Did you check the HUD of your mesh head for a "scalp alpha" option to blend out the top of the head?

I'm using Altamura full bodies and heads. The otherwise excellent alpha hud does have slices for the head, but the one that hides the scalp also takes out most of the forehead....maybe this is something they could address for future updates, popularity and sales..

18 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Perhaps a few ticks off of the overall head size and/or reduce the head stretch / forehead heavy options.

Yup. I know I can do that, at least some of the time. I'll just have to spend some time experimenting with more shapes.

Here's the same hair as pictured above (with my preferred shape for Altamura's Jenny fullbody) but with the Mia head and a purposefully edited shape:

Riggedhair4.thumb.png.26fb33810837c5a523acc5dda95b3d31.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.