Going nuts....

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm on another one of my panels.  I got to bake it.  Everything is fine, except the middle wall panels don't bake.  They show up fine in Rendered View.

5aa28840b7fd8_DontBake.thumb.png.95ee05c98bf86ecfa40f456ea03c5680.png

The wall panels on the left and right are the same material, and they bake.  I checked that the normals point correctly.  I have tried assigning them to a different material, and then back again.  But nada!

It's driving me nuts.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try?

Edited by anna2358
Missed a bit of info

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Try re-assigning the image to the object in edit mode,  making sure all geometry is selected first, then proceed with the assignment in the UV Editor

OK.  This didn't work, so I am going to paraphrase the instructions to check my understanding:

1) Hit the X at the bottom of the UV/Image editor, these disconnects the the bake-to Image from the UV.

2) In the 3d View select the object, enter Edit mode - Face select, select all faces with A (noted that all face are selected.)

3) Reassign the Bake-to Image in the UV/Image editor by choosing it from the list under the 'Browse Image to linked' drop-down.

4) Rebake.

In the end I deleted all the faces affected, recreated them (saved 4 faces = 8 tris = 24 verts....).  And it just worked.

I put that down to the sheer cussedness of things.  (Some Neko Lion will be along with a picture to cussedness shortly :)

3 hours ago, anna2358 said:

OK.  This didn't work, so I am going to paraphrase the instructions to check my understanding:

1) Hit the X at the bottom of the UV/Image editor, these disconnects the the bake-to Image from the UV.

2) In the 3d View select the object, enter Edit mode - Face select, select all faces with A (noted that all face are selected.)

3) Reassign the Bake-to Image in the UV/Image editor by choosing it from the list under the 'Browse Image to linked' drop-down.

4) Rebake.

Yes i meant this... sorry it didn-t work out... now i have to guess what random neko/lion is gonna come to post a lion pic... ;P

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.