Can't save images to disk since DDoS attack.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some strange reason I can no longer save images to disk. This started Monday night during the DDoS attack. It could be just coincidence but I am not sure whats going on. 

I did a normal photoshoot during Monday day time. Later that evening I tried to do another but when I saved the image to disk, in my folder content on the hard drive the image just showed as a blank item. When I tried to open it, I was given the message "this file does not exist". Today I went back to the folder and the images are there, but are both blurred versions as if only a portion of the picture has saved. 

I just tried to save a picture to disk and it has done the same as before - this file does not exist. I'm trying to take pictures for market place items... pulling my hair out...help please!!

Well there are no GENERAL issues with saving photos going on.  Did you try an alternative viewer to see if something became corrupted? 

For a stop gap you can use the Snip tool in Windows (assuming you have Windows) and get your photos that way. It will only do your screen resolution of course but I use it daily for all sorts of things. 

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

There was certainly something affecting image downloads during the DDOS, and I ended up with two copies of some uploads. I don't know what is handled as UDP and what as HTTP, but I do know that control messages are mostly UDP. It's not yet over, I think, some inventory changes didn't get through yesterday. The textures were there, but a couple of object edits hadn't stuck.

I do have a spare viewer, using a different cache and settings folder, to help check on such things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.