I've seen the rentals where you can rent a prebuilt/furnished home in a skybox.. But is there...

Kozi Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've seen the rentals where you can rent a prebuilt/furnished home in a skybox.. But is there any way to rent a sky'platform' so to speak and pop your own skybox sized house on it..? I'm new to SL yet and I haven't rented any land or anything before.

I'd love info on whether or not this is possible and if so any links to places that offer such services? I have been using search and the market but all I am finding is rentals for prebuilt and furnished homes... Thank you! D:

3 answers to this question

Yes there is lots of land for rent that is just vacant plots where you can build on the ground or in the sky as you choose. Quite often they are advertised in Land Search by people setting the plots for sale for 1L

If you use the search filters in Land search to only look for Private Estate land, that is pretty much all rental deals. They call it a tier fee instead of rent but its same difference and mostly the so called "sale price" is just the first months tier fee in advance.

Read the Covenant on About Land for any that you TP to check out.

Hello Kozi. You dont rent exaxctly the sky ptatform but the land, the plot in which you can rez your house, your sky platform, your skybox. As Peewee said, you can "buy" a land for just 1 linden as big as you wish (depending the primitives you need) but have in your mind that in that occasion, buy=rent although into the first Tab (called General) of the options of the land you will see yourself as the owner of this plot.  With other words, you will "buy" the plot but you will continue to pay the tier every week.

If you arent sure about how much you are able to spend per week for your place because as you said you are new and you need a small appartment temporarity, i can lead you to rent one for a very very small tier (5 - 10 L$ / week). Just let me know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.