What is the Default Grass?

Error403Forbidden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, TyrranaxH said:

I'm trying to blend my fake terrain with the default grass that is on the home land I am living on. What is the default grass texture for SL ?

On Mainland there are different ones for different places but you will find them all in the Library folder in your inventory.

On private estates, it's whatever the estate owner has chosen but the default one is named "Default Grass" and yes, it's in the Library folder .

You won't get an exact blend because the system ground blends several (up to four) texture onto each other but if you choose the main one for your fake terrain, it'll be close enough nobody will notice.

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

On Mainland there are different ones for different places but you will find them all in the Library folder in your inventory.

On private estates, it's whatever the estate owner has chosen but the default one is named "Default Grass" and yes, it's in the Library folder .

You won't get an exact blend because the system ground blends several (up to four) texture onto each other but if you choose the main one for your fake terrain, it'll be close enough nobody will notice.

OH No </3 Thank you for telling me! I saw that when I looked into the system a little more :( I guess I'm going to have to do some heavy foliage blending to make the grass seem like is changing types. Thank you <3

24 minutes ago, TyrranaxH said:

I guess I'm going to have to do some heavy foliage blending to make the grass seem like is changing types.

Not necessarily, at least not if it's only to match the blending on the system ground. Look at this picture, can you event ell what is prim and what is system ground here?

5a89433285566_Skjermbilde(1098).png.329bf5caf8befb5b233ebc898fc18cd3.png

But large areas of unbaked terrain texture can look dull anyway so you may want to break it up a bit with a few plants or decals or other stuff. It doesn't have to be much though.

Edit:

Forgot to mention: texture repeat rate for the sstem ground is 0.125 per meter.

Edited by ChinRey

1 hour ago, TyrranaxH said:

Hello!

I'm trying to blend my fake terrain with the default grass that is on the home land I am living on. What is the default grass texture for SL ?

the default terrain textures are all in the library part of your inventory  :) like Chin said

Edited by Alwin Alcott

18 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

mention: texture repeat rate for the sstem ground is 0.125 per meter.

if i'm thinking about the same subject,  you can change the look of the terrain textures in your preferences (firestorm) for your viewer only, so not for others.

preferences / graphics / rendering / scale of terrain texture rendering

( was meant as one post... hitted the wrong keys with doing two things the same time...:$)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.