Looking for some advice

Tazgma Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

the other day i build green screen and did my first green screen photo. but seems I ran into a issue. my photo had lace and when to remove the green and haft of it when way. is there any way around THAT?

note this is my finish project with my first test. with paint.net . mostly use color to alpha 
flic.kr/p/24i4bVd

also is any good color that will work with dark elf avatar with back hard and mostly black skin?

and also does same for hair when i take green screen with black hard . tranpartity of hair. 

ex : flic.kr/p/22VJ2ZT

Sadly the shades of green mixed with black will be there and the cutting off will be harsh if you simply use the background removal tool on photoshop. What you can do is a refine your edition around the hair, it might be a pain but maybe this tutorial helps:

For best effect, make sure the green screen is full bright.

Personally I use the colour select and tamper with the threshold until it makes as crisp a cut as it can without cutting into the object.

I rarely have to do more than that. If there's a lot of hair on alphas I may have to just go over it with an eraser and pick the green spots out manually - but we're talking 1 pixel on a 6kx6k shot, so even if people go were to put it into full screen on a standard monitor they wouldn't see any green dots.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While it isn't as flexible as a green screen, I think it might be easier. What I do is upload my desired background, use it to texture a prim, and then use that as a backdrop to take my picture.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.