Tattoo creator dev kits help

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

I do not suppose anyone has made an all in one Dev kit? 

You should know that each brand has its own devkit, why the heck should one brand include a devkit for another brand in their own?

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

I create tattoos and have the omega and Matrirya dev kits to create appliers, I not sure which others I will need for the other mesh make and where to find can anyone help with links to these?

Your asking for links leads me to think that the Maitreya kit you've got is not original and so should be the devkits you're looking for. In such case, i guess this isn't the right place to ask, just sayin' ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

I do not suppose anyone has made an all in one Dev kit?

As Optimo said, there isn't for obvious reasons. There is an all in one applier though and you already have it.

All the major mesh body brands use the same UV map as the system body (except for some details in the hands and feet area) and they are all Omega compatible. So all you really need to create tattoos for mesh bodies, is the system body UV template and the Omega applier kit.

If you want to sell tattoos, what you should include in the package is a good old system body tattoo and an Omega applier configured to the same texture. Everything else is optional. (You may skip the system tattoo too of course but since you have to create and upload the texture anyway, it only takes seconds to make so it's worth it even if it only ever generates a single extra sale.)

Edit:

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Your asking for links leads me to think that the Maitreya kit you've got is not original and so should be the devkits you're looking for.

I find it hard to believe it's a ripped one. For tattoos you only need the basic dev kit and that one is free for the asking at the Maitryea store.

Edit 2:

This gave me a horrible idea: How long will it take before somebody launches fitted mesh tattoos?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I find it hard to believe it's a ripped one. For tattoos you only need the basic dev kit and that one is free for the asking at the Maitryea store.

You're right, i was thinking of the mesh devkit, my bad

19 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

This gave me a horrible idea: How long will it take before somebody launches fitted mesh tattoos?

Now THAT is something you shouldn't have come up with. If this trend ever does emerge, we all are entitled to blame you xD

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Actually having tattoos on a separate wearable may be more efficient than the way bodies are set up now.

If it means removing the tattoo layer from the mesh body itself, yes, but that's not very likely to happen.

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

What do you think a "tattoo layer" IS?

a mesh tattoo was mentioned, meaning that the mesh IS the drawing and the drawing is mesh, not a alpha image on a mesh. Tattoos get easily intricate and a "intricateness" like that as mesh itself would be rendering killer.

2 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

a mesh tattoo was mentioned, meaning that the mesh IS the drawing and the drawing is mesh, not a alpha image on a mesh. Tattoos get easily intricate and a "intricateness" like that as mesh itself would be rendering killer.

It wuold but the way Theresa understood it would actually be a good idea. If the mesh bodies were made with it in mind that is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.