Those non-existent super cheap 512s

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This isn't my lot so I am not putting this in the for sale forum. Actually I just thought it interesting in that mainland discussion kinda way. 

Now and then there is a post about mainland getting more or too expensive and my position is that there is almost always some pretty cheap mainland around. This morning I looked on the map to find one close by my store lot (rental). 

A 512 for $300.  This WAS at auction not long ago as part of a bigger piece and it isn't a great lot but certainly not one of the worst either.

image.png.638a01d60aaab3ee62e56d491e7732cc.png

It currently has a brand new not good looking neighbor but if history hold, they will be gone relatively soon (the blue ball place rents out the land level also).  

5a7303098d787_landforsale.jpg.27e91762c790c543d1e8be38380d1c06.jpg

image.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

US$300 sounds like a lot for 512sqm

Mainland always have tons of space, 0.5 per sqm is about right price imo.

I will make sure it doesn't get too expensive.

I have put multiple neighbour's attempt to flip land on hold already, I simply offer a tons cheaper one, or I move in tenants with animals. Nothing in the law says you can't have animals next to your neighbours who are trying to sell L$7/sqm. Had a few of those ones that though they could force me to buy their land but I outlived them by far. 

I don't understand those people, they think because I have a city there the land nearby would automatically turn into prime estate.

Edited by iamyourneighbour

9 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Mainland always have tons of space, 0.5 per sqm is about right price imo.

I will make sure it doesn't get too expensive.

I have put multiple neighbour's attempt to flip land on hold already, I simply offer a tons cheaper one, or I move in tenants with animals. Nothing in the law says you can't have animals next to your neighbours who are trying to sell L$7/sqm. Had a few of those ones that though they could force me to buy their land but I outlived them by far. 

I don't understand those people, they think because I have a city there the land nearby would automatically turn into prime estate.

Ohhhh..so is L$300 not US$300?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see cheap 512s now and then for not even .5 but .2. I even sell some of them that low myself if I trim tier!

But then...there's the neighbours, and you don't think it's worth doing.

Occasionally I will buy a 512 and put a little store/office on it to advertise my rentals and sell content. It can often break even.If there is some big event or thing or Linden shopping mall by it especially. It was a technique I used to use more, to have a foot in every continent. But after awhile, it's just too many mouths to feed -- if you go away for two weeks and don't visit your outpost, my God, it's surrounded by pirates and rock fortresses and communists and giant black dogs, and you had no idea. No wonder you didn't get any business. Things can go south very fast in SL...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.