Objects in inventory vanished?

Synn Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday my Object folder in Recent inventory disappeared.  today most of the OBJECTS have vanished completely. I've cleared cache,uninstalled and reinstalled SL and ? Please help.

Thank you all for trying to help. I found the answer either here in Forums or in ANSWERS. this is what worked. On the login screen, in the  drop down I chose Type Destination here and typed TEST. that took me to the test grid (Or someplace like it) and I tried to rez  an object and ALL my objects came back! (the object wouldn't rez but it still worked.) So my question here was answered. Thank you all for your great help and careing about resident problems

7 answers to this question

Your recent inventory only contains your recent items. If your filter is set to one day, only the items that have been added to your inventory in the past day will show up, after 2 days they will not show but will still be in your inventory. You can set your filter to show items in your inventory from the past hour, hours, day or days depending on what you want. Also, you can reset filters, also you can choose to have it show only textures or only snapshots etc.

Recent Inventory will show you whatever you want it to show you according to the filter you set. You can have it show your recent inventory since last logoff, the past hour, past hours, past day or past days. You can also choose what types of items to show, animations, calling cards, clothing, etc.

The tab "Recent" in Inventory shows only the items you manage during your last login (stuff you buy, get, delete, copy, cut, rename etc). When you log in again the "Recent" tab is empty except of one case, after crashes when you never checked them before. Then you continue to see the new items there. The "problem" is that when we log in again, the items in our inventory do not load immidiately all together, especially when we have thousands. Also its possible to stay long time online and still some of our items not to load, if you dont click the "Recent" tab. When you click it, you see your items to load till the last one. Is good to remember more or less every moment how many items you have in your inventory. The inventory down side has a button called "Show additional options". With it you can sort your items differently (by name, by most recent etc) or to set filters. When you click filters you get a pop-up window in Viewer 2 and you can choose which items you want to hide. So, check out your filters because its very possible you to made something with them accidentally. One more tip is to use the white line at top of your inventory, typing a word-key, filtering by name your items. Of course you need to remember the names but sometimes some only letters are enough. Finally you can click the Help button of the inventory (?) to see the Help Browser Window. I hope you soon to find all your objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.