Trouble with certain Fitted Mesh sliders for Belleza Jake (w/Avastar)

Kouki Elska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having problems getting a very simple fitted mesh skirt to work properly on the Belleza Jake mesh kit body using the Avastar plugin in Blender 2.79.

I tried making a super simple plain pencil-skirt for him, just to test whether the fitted sliders will work and the mesh will fit different shapes... For the most part, it does upload fine and it is rigged normally and in addition, follows the "Muscle" sliders which means the "Fitted" is working, but...

...There are still some sliders which just won't assign properly both in Blender and after uploading into SL.

After I manually weight them, the sliders for things like the Butt and more importantly, the Saddle Bags work but, have too-little effect on the skirt for it to match/follow the body, and they only work somewhat if I manually weight them to the vertex groups of "PELVIS" and "BUTT" on the skirt, and they are both weighted in Blender all the way to red. I did use the "Shrink Wrap" modifier for this, so it has a nice snug fit in Blender by default, so I really think it's just weighting issues.

On the Avastar website, it does mention that it does NOT recommend manual weighting, so I have a feeling something is going wrong if it's not automatically being weighted to those sliders (while it works fine for the "leg muscles" slider). 

Is there any other way to do this, or to further strengthen the weighting beyond the maximum? I have already read through all of the fitted mesh guides on the Avastar website like 3 times or more, so I am not getting anymore help from that site, so please don't link me to that.

Or, is this just the normal Fitted Mesh process for creating 3D mesh clothing? I am experienced in making non-fitted rigged mesh clothing, and so I am familiar with how much work it is to weight that, but... this is going to be another whole level of frustration and time-consumption over the non-fitted rigged mesh's already-long weighting process. It's really discouraging, so I actually really hope it's something with the program/plugin that is causing issues instead...

How are some creators making flawlessly-fitting Fitted mesh clothing that doesn't even require hiding the body with alpha?? Is there some trick to it that Avastar doesn't explain? Do they duplicate the body itself and extrude on that to create the clothing?? I actually tried testing that out, and it did NOT work at all because modifying the vertices of the mesh at all after duplicating the body just completely gets rid of some of the sliders such as the butt and saddle bag sliders which are giving me problems in the first place. Not to mention, the duplicated body would not export due to errors (though the un-edited body could be uploaded just fine with all of the sliders in-tact).

Edited by Kouki Elska

I've gotten a reply from Avastar's support team, which has solved most of the problem. The solution was to un-bind the skirt, set the BODY mesh to "Fully Fitted" under the Fitting tab, and re-bind the skirt... and the sliders work as they should. Only thing I must figure out now is regarding the butt slider being a bit off when uploaded in-world and butt slider is below 30.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.