Getting the right color/brightness/contrast

IIianII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the things that I have struggled with for a while now is getting the right brightness of my mesh.

When I compare my stuff from others it seems like they all got it right while mine are either too dark or too bright.

So when I put other creator's stuff together in a scene they all sync in nicely like it was made by one person

but when I put mine next to them the color/brightness/contrast is off (too dark or too bright)

I want to not have to worry about that and have a more efficient workflow. I hope I'm not in an island on this

I guess my question is if there's a certain way to bake the textures to make the colors/brightness uniform with others or have the right brightness for sl?

Edited by IIianII

1 hour ago, IIianII said:

One of the things that I have struggled with for a while now is getting the right brightness of my mesh.

When I compare my stuff from others it seems like they all got it right while mine are either too dark or too bright.

So when I put other creator's stuff together in a scene they all sync in nicely like it was made by one person

but when I put mine next to them the color/brightness/contrast is off (too dark or too bright)

I want to not have to worry about that and have a more efficient workflow. I hope I'm not in an island on this

I guess my question is if there's a certain way to bake the textures to make the colors/brightness uniform?

If you are using Blender Cycle engine you may find some info here in my tutorials. https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html

LIGHTING is a huge thing in Blender Cycles and it take a long while (well it took ME a long while anyway) to understand what you need to do to get the look you want. I give a lot of info on that in the tutorials. You want the ones with the BLENDER icon on them :D and they are listed like a blog (backwards) so you want to find number one maybe and go from there -- or pick any one and hope it is what you need.

ONCE you have a lighting set up that you like, you can SAVE that as your start up file (or another file if you like). It won't work for everything of course but can act as a starting point.

https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.