Problem Ambient occlusion from blender in sl

Achille Putzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi to all in all world of sl, I created a wooden floor from second life to blender, I made a texture map that came badly on the lines of the skinny and I can not find a solution for better shadows for lines like in real .. and how can I solve those shadows? I show you all about photos in blender and you help me pls :(

There are 5 files attached

5a43e306c8e6e_problemmaterial.thumb.jpg.f745ba61c967d3d519c84a0047e19a98.jpgaoimage1.thumb.png.d61630cf4c266b2b0391772f7f6fc82f.png5a43e3055b841_problembake.thumb.jpg.3a5f847f190f3dac9cf0607904899d11.jpg5a43e30acf973_problemsl_001.thumb.png.98dba5cc4489c31ccb701088a069636b.png

problem texture.jpg

problem word.jpg

2 hours ago, Pierre Ceriano said:

Hello Achille :)

Those unwanted shadows might come from the way you marked the unwraping isles but it is difficult to see that on your pictures. So I recommand you check the Falloff of the Gather section of the World tab, with Strengh set to 1 and Samples to 10.

nothing is still problem :(

35 minutes ago, Achille Putzo said:

nothing is still problem :(

I am not sure if this will help with Blender Render but with Cycles similar (not exact) things like this happen and if you TRIANGULATE with the modifier (not at the export choice menu) that will help.

MORE LIKELY -- putting some space between you UV areas might help and baking with a small margin (like 1).  It could easily be as mentioned that some areas are baking onto other since that UV map (likely done automatically?) is so dense.  That's my best guess :D. 

I can't really see your map well enough but it looks pretty tiny for something that complex. I have been using Cycles for over two years now so don't remember much about Blender Render. Sorry and good luck. 

Hi :)

As Chic has already mentioned you are not allocating enough texture space on the UV map for the faces of each planc. 

I'm guessing your plancs are approximately 3.0m x 0.1m (thats about the size they are in my model). Now find the UV islands for the underside faces of the plancs in your UV map.

I have highlighted one of them in red in the screenshots below.

5a443ad61d82d_PlancsUV.thumb.png.164ba6ee8327c5525c9fec3636130da1.png

To get a good  textures resolution (pixels per meter) for something like this it would probably be better not to bake textures at all and instead UV unwrap for seamless testures.

If you really want to bake then you have to add seams to the plancs then UV unwrap and manually edit the UV islands, laying them out as best you can, stacking where possible and trying to avoid  having to much obvious repetition  in the final texture.

Seams.thumb.png.115a1e2c6283ae0a5b458fe8b1497e47.png

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to understand and see your work you did and I would like to see on video tutorials how you do with your work done and so I can understand one step at a time, because I have been learning for about 1 month on blender but not all complete learning on 100%, so I really need to see some videotutorial as you do and maybe IF you could create your videotutorial if you can ... because I'm a bit 'complicated that work with ambient occlusion .... damn :))

3 hours ago, Aquila Kytori said:

http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=48599

For videos you will have to ask Google  :)

I have some video tutorials on mapping. They are not specific to your project but might help. These use the Cycles Render engine but the mapping info would be the same in Cycles Render. I completely agree with Aquila :D.

If "I" were making this I would map maybe six or seven of the cross boards (making JUST six to start with) then link them and use the ARRAY modifier to make several sets of the same boards. Each of the seven board sets would use the SAME UV mapping so they could be baked and still not look too repetitive. Know that may not make sense to you where you are in your learning path but will for others so putting that in. 

Here is a link to the tutorials. You want the ones with a photo of a blender on them and number 2 and 3 of the series (you might want to start with 1 just because) may help a bit. While you are there you might also want to think about switching to Blender Cyles as it is a much nicer and newer way of doing thing and in general gives more realistic results (just saying).

https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html

Good luck!

45 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

I learned a new lesson that you gave me your advice on "Planc Seam" (that last photo) and very convenient and less time, so I'm very happy that you helped me a lot and you were really kind and I do not know how to thank you .... :)
Also Aquila who gave me the site for all very important lesson to learn and I really thank you .... I've never seen that very interesting site .... :)

and I found the small defects of the skinny on the corner and on the dash ... I can not understand why ... :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.