Real estate from Europe - possible?

Jyrgen Miklos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hoi,

I am writing to see the community view on real estate while you are from the great VAT zone. There is 20% extra added to my land fees, which would bring rental prices to sky if I were to rent out my land. Well not just that, in case I should make profit LindenX trading has its own 20% VAT fee so making any kind of profit comes to nearly impossible. Any thoughts?

Also one of the ideas can be to get a VAT number which is only possible via registering a company which costs over thousands of euros.

1 hour ago, Jyrgen Miklos said:

which costs over thousands of euros.

Realistically... if you can't afford vat registration fees, then you can't afford to buy enough unreal estate to make any significant profits anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jyrgen Miklos said:

Hoi,

I am writing to see the community view on real estate while you are from the great VAT zone. There is 20% extra added to my land fees, which would bring rental prices to sky if I were to rent out my land. Well not just that, in case I should make profit LindenX trading has its own 20% VAT fee so making any kind of profit comes to nearly impossible. Any thoughts?

Makin any kind of profits for a new rental business in SL is nearly impossible anyway. There is absolutely no way you can beat the prices the big, old, well established rental companies can offer since they are actually lower than what you will have to pay in tier even without the VAT. The only way to make it is to offer something special that nobody else has and lots of people want but even then, expect to spend a few thousand dollars and work ahrd for a year or three before you see your first dollar in profit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.