Auction Land

Yammy Docherty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to bid on some land in the auction which hasn't been a problem until just recent when it keeps saying " For security reasons your session has timed out due to inactivity please log in again".

I have logged in and out numerous times but still get this message when I click on "submit your bid", I have no other problems with my account or logging in anywhere else.

5 answers to this question

It would be nice if you didn't post the same message twice. Things are much easier to keep track on if we keep all the replies in a single thread.

I don't remember the details but the same question was raised by somebody else recently. Apparently there is one browser - either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, can't remember which - that has a problem with the way the land auction system keeps track of sessions. The only solution for now is to use a different web browser when you want to bid.

I'm sure others will give you all the gory details. I use Firefox so I haven't experienced the problem myself.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

@BrigidLuv, 

Please be aware that this forum is not an official Linden Lab tech support service.  We are all unpaid volunteers, and residents like yourself.  So it's not really appropriate to complain that you're not getting the services you paid for here...you didn't pay for them.  You want the paid services, file a Support Ticket.

• Like 3

"I use Firefox so I haven't experienced the problem myself. "

I use firefox and it is doing the same thing so your answer does not hold water. also I believe Yammy is posting multiple times because it is so hard to get  help or a correct answer after you spend hard earned money. Not sure but just a guess from personal experience.

oh and thank you Yammy so much for posting this :) otherwise i never would have found the other buried thread somewhere in the cacophony of virtual excuses why someone who pays for services does not receive said services. personal experience again *winks* I was born. just not yesterday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.