moving furniture

KimAthos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've tried going into the edit for a product & selecting move, but it won't let me.  Right now, my bed is floating near the ceiling & scattered stuff laying around all over the room.  How do I move the furniture where I want it?

KimAthos wrote:

I've tried going into the edit for a product & selecting move, but it won't let me.  Right now, my bed is floating near the ceiling & scattered stuff laying around all over the room.  How do I move the furniture where I want it?

Do you own the bed? Maybe it's group owned. Do you have the correct group activated? 

Are you able to do anything with the bed? Can you take it back into your inventory or rezz another copy somewhere else? Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Have you tried different viewers, say switching from Phoenix to Imprudence?

You own the land yourself? It is not rented and it is not group owned?

Are you a member of NCI? Join and ask the group a question in-world. Someone usually answers right away. http://world.secondlife.com/group/25e187d1-3e88-b05c-9d2d-2dceeb9d4bc3

I can do the poses on the bed with no problem whatsoever.  As for logging out, I put the bed in the house last night & when I came back on tonight, it was still in the air.  Yes, I own my own house.  I'll try NCI to see what I can find out.

As much as I like some of the stuff here on Second Life, I don't like how complicated everything is, especially when it comes to moving furniture or changing clothes.  It shouldn't take 3 objects to put on a pair of shoes, so I'm leaving Second Life.  The cost of trying it was low, so I don't have much to lose.  TY everyone.

Don't leave.

There is a big learning curve but it is worth it. 

IM me any time and I will help you.

NCI and Forum Cartel Group and FabFree are also some groups that are chatty and helpful to anybody who asks.

Look up the groups in your Group tab in search.

Some things float when badly scripted. It isn't SL's fault :)

Really KimAthos, you can get this. It is just a big learning curve. Look me up in world,  If I am at my PC, I would be more than happy to stop by and take a look for you.

I would also suggest taking a single basic building class to learn all the basics of the controls and how tos. It is really is a lot easier that way. I have been in Sl for close to 5 years now and and still learning. I am sure you can catch on rather quickly with the right help :)

Good Luck . And feel free to look me up in world any time. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.