Moving ao's to a hud. How is Anyone: Move box controlled.

CordeliaDeLear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a hud that contains dance animations.
I have a dance floor which has a hud that contains dance animations and it can be added to.

I copied the ao's from the first hud to the second by editing the first one, dragging them to an inventory folder, then editing the second one and dragging them to it from the folder 
(ooi, can I edit two objects simultaneously?).

My friend, who is also an officer in my group, at the property where the dance floor is, has essentially the same hud as me with a different set of dance animations.
I assumed that she could send me her hud and I could use the same process to copy them to my dance floor hud.
I get the hud from her ok but when I try to drag the ao's to a folder it won't let me.
So, I figured that she could drag them to a folder and then send me that folder but she can't do it either.
The only difference I can see is that the Anyone: Move box on the first tab is not checked.
We both have "You can modify this object" but neither of us can check that box and it appears (and, I may be wrong) that is that preventing us dragging the ao's to the folder.
I'm a bit naive with regard to permissions. So, how is the ability to check that Move box controlled?
...or is something else preventing us extracting the ao's? ...or am I using the wrong approach?

6 answers to this question

Why would I need to? She has sent me her hud. Doesn't that make me the owner? Why can't I extract the ao's from it when I can extract them from my own version of the same hud? What is preventing her from extracting the ao's?

Anyway, she doesn't have a problem using the dance floor hud.

Edited by CordeliaDeLear

Ahhh ... I misread your post. 

OK.  The Anyone Can Move box isn't relevant here because you are not trying to move anything.  The anims are behaving as if they are no-transfer, but that cannot be true since your friend transferred the entire HUD to you. I'm puzzled too.

This is what the pertinent (I assume) permissions look like for the two objects. I can drag the ao's from the left hand one to a folder, no problem but neither my friend or I (after she has sent it to me) can drag the ao's from  the right hand one. The only difference is the Anyone: Move box isn't checked (and we can't check it) in the right hand one and E: has no parameters,  as opposed to the left hand one that has V T (and I can't find the explanation for those anywhere).

sl dance edit.jpg

You didn't show what permissions each of the anims in the two AOs have, but it looks as if you each have no-copy items in the inventory of your AO, since the base permissions on both are no-copy. Next owner perms for both are also no-transfer, so you each also have no-transfer items.  Your own AO is set to allow Everybody to move and transfer items, but hers does not allow Everybody to do anything.

See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

4b76a03c3f21853df3e3db8fecd2f111.png

OK, thanks for your help but I wasted an age trying to rectify it then it was so simple.

I checked the individual ao settings and "group share" was not checked so I went through all 40 changing that (that was a helluva experience because you have to wait a few seconds after changing each one and then it sets your view of the list of ao's back to the start so you have to scroll through them again and, for the life of me, I couldn't understand what group share had to do with anything) and just got to the second to last one and realised that it had all been a waste of time because it had "no copy" on it (I should have read your first sentence properly and checked first, lol!). So, including that one in selecting the group of ao's as a whole, was preventing the copy of any of them to the inventory folder. Why it didn't copy all of them except that one is beyond belief.

Anyway, all fixed and thanks for your help.

Edited by CordeliaDeLear
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.