Are YOU a Discussion Leader/Facilitator??

Tahlia Snoodle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

R.I.S.K. is searching for quality discussion leaders to work in a warm,friendly environment.

We are a large sim that is active a lot and has many discussions on different topics but I am looking for some fresh faces.

If you enjoy leading discussions on BDSM topics that are in voice, please contact Tahlia Snoodle inworld, as this community is needing some fresh faces!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bermuda Beach/171/171/23

Tahlia Snoodle

R.I.S.K. Owner

Edited by Tahlia Snoodle

R.I.S.K. is a warm, friendly, mature minded and accepting BDSM environment. We are looking for passionate, loyal and reliable individuals to join our team here as discussion leaders.

Requirements:

- All discussion leaders must be able to lead in voice. 
- Topic preparation
- Organizational skills
- Staying on track with topic
- Keeping discussion moving
- Conflict resolution
- Comment validation

Please contact Tahlia Snoodle to continue to give to the BDSM Community.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bermuda Beach/171/171/23

5 hours ago, Tahlia Snoodle said:

- Staying on track with topic

Not my strong point.  I try to stay on topic but too many times I go off with the flow following what I feel is an interesting point.  Those points lead to other points and we get strong cross connections that way.  Since building connections is something I enjoy that's what I gravitate towards.  If we van make connections with others it strengthens the community as a whole. The way SL is built, it naturally pushes people into small, serrated groups where community can all to often become cliques. Sure, the whole Us vs Them mentality may be natural but that does not make it preferable.  Competition and rivalry can be beneficial to all involved as long acceptance and tolerance are part of the relationship as well. 

(sorry ... it's a sickness and I can't help myself)

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Not my strong point.  I try to stay on topic but too many times I go off with the flow following what I feel is an interesting point.  Those points lead to other points and we get strong cross connections that way.  Since building connections is something I enjoy that's what I gravitate towards.  If we van make connections with others it strengthens the community as a whole. The way SL is built, it naturally pushes people into small, serrated groups where community can all to often become cliques. Sure, the whole Us vs Them mentality may be natural but that does not make it preferable.  Competition and rivalry can be beneficial to all involved as long acceptance and tolerance are part of the relationship as well. 

(sorry ... it's a sickness and I can't help myself)

I totally agree with you there that some parts of the community are very clique. Sometimes you have to follow the participants if the crowd is liking it, because ultimately, you are just putting questions out there to patrons and watching them mung over things, you are more a moderator in that sense. If you are  interested in being a discussion leader Rhonda, I'd love to chat with you some time.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.