Weekend Glytch Report

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The first weekend of glytch hunting has been ---- well stressful. The devs are at home with families and beers  it appears (and so should they be) but things are very much amiss in the lands of wayward glytchs.  It adds a few layers of challenges to the game for sure.

For those of you wandering out with your jars or nets or swatters this weekend know that some areas while open via the "next to" link are completely dead. One -- with nothing viable to hunt anyway -- even gives you a "you have gotten you five glytchs here message" even when you have just come from another round of successful hunting via the hud (tested three times).    

Some areas seem to be working better than this morning (well one, the airport). Paleo sims have zombie glytchs that are shaking up the sim so badly there is no point in staying (have no idea what that's about -- maybe conflicting scripts with paleo but it WAS working fine).  

Lots of zombie glytchs which are indeed confusing to those just coming into the game.

A NEW hitch this evening are glytchs that can be clicked on repeatedly with nothing happening but ARE NOT "zombies". They will -- after about two minutes become active and clickable OR shoot ya down.    So keep trying. 

That's all I know. I am going back to a calmer real life arena but wanted to share my finding for other hunters.

See ya out there.

PS. The REALMS are working as they should be. Many sims let you stay forever and not push you along after five captures.  The REALMS however are often filled with new folks wandering in -- well from the REALMS :D --- hence many attacks which can certainly slow down play. 

So pick your arena and enjoy the extra challenge. 

EDIT:  I forgot to say and was just reminded by a friend and hunter that the glytchs aren't delivering today (just some for me). I found that also and another person that I don't know asked me this morning about glytchs "won" not coming in. At that time I thought she maybe didn't really get them but it looks like that they are not being delivered. Since I am after GEMS which ARE being delivered as far as I can tell, it wasn't a big deal for me. But be aware and watch you inventory. My friend and I both have auto accept on and had no problems with deliver earlier. I have no idea about the gal that wrote me this morning but she seemed very savvy and not a new folk at all. 

Hence watch things :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon

Actually when it is WORKING it is tons of fun -- or 'I" think so anyway LOL.  But for those trying for the first time this weekend -- not so much.

I can confirm that "glytchs aren't dropping" (the apparently new vernacular - not mine) on any of the sims. GEMS are still delivering and the Realms appear to be the only game areas that are working as they should (not counting the no glytch delivery and staying forever so maybe not really "as they should") so two more went down overnight. Those of us that played or are still playing on the Realms know this scenario well  *wink* so not a big surprise.  I doubt things will get fixed today but Monday morning about nine hopefully things will be working well again. 

Meanwhile it looks like a Blender day for me!   

8 hours ago, Stangbo said:

I did get some pink gems until the day before yesterday but since yestrday no pink gems anymore just green. Its a bit irritating because im working on to get to play the bonus rounds and i need 10 blue gems for that.

Yes well. You could go to the non-premium one for 5.  I didn't get any pink today either but I did get some glytchs and a friend got three of four pinks in like half an hour (he is really lucky with this). Another friend still gets non but it appears it is her hud and not the viewer as she tried the Linden viewer with the same non-delivery issue. Since she has plenty of glytchs she is really after gems so not a big deal except that she might not get any great goodies in the bonus area.  She can SEE it anyway.

Saw a gal that wasn't a Linden (at least last name wise) with a canon today. My only realistic scenario for her earning one in a bit over a week is that she got enough for five blue equivalents, went to the bonus round and picked up BETTER gems there (like maybe some blues).  I don't KNOW that of course but can't see any way she could have possibly earned 25 blues but enough for the fly swatter (another blue - well 99 pinks plus one pink for the net).  That seems pretty much impossible even if no one else was hunting. 

I didn't go that many places but I didn't see any zombie bots and that pausing lag thing wasn't happening as bad (assume it is a script initializing issue but I am NOT a scripts person). So WAY better than the weekend by today. Today was the first day that I got glytchs in inventory though.   

Good luck on your ten blue. Maybe by Thanksgiving !  :D

TCMG20170929.thumb.png.f03f11e823d6a82f4003ebeb8a9964bd.png

All SIM with TCMG seem to operate normally now (5.30AM SLT). One weird thing though, the whole  week I experienced only a few pink gems given even catching the more dangerous glytches, so now I got a ton load of Epic Glythes.... would have preferred gem payout.

Further at last I got a blue gem and would have expected something in game play rewarding this effort better, like given better gem ratio.

When I inspected the bonus levels portals at the beginning of game, it said, it cost 99 pink gems to enter. And I upgraded to the fly The Platinum Flyswatter first time I got 99 pink gems, so I could catch faster and better... in order to get 99 pinks gem again to enter the bonus portals. But after upgrading weapon you need 5/10 blue gems to enter :(

BTW. I read this on a blog: "After about an hour an a half I came away with an upgraded Glytches catcher (the net)... " Chic at Phil's Place - so clearly LL changed the payout ratio, it took me and others I have asked one week+ just to get the first 99 pink gems.

With the current payout of gems it will take me maybe nearly 3 months to get the above 10 blue gems to enter the bonus portals, bummer and game stopper - which is a shame since it is an excellent and fun game and great way to be introduced to the several places in Second Life.

FYI, I filled a JIRA as the  Binaynays Epic unpacking has a bug, where it is not delivered, should be fixed by now.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 1

Is there a faster way to get gems than just hoping for Glytch payout? The game instructions talk about walking over them but I have not seen any gems lying on the ground in the areas with the Glytches. (I have seen gems lying on the ground in an area near Base Camp, but nothing happens when I walk over them. Guessing they are part of a bonus area?)  At this rate it will take months to earn enough blue gems for the bonus areas, which is way too long.

Edited by Linn Darkwatch

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes well. You could go to the non-premium one for 5.  I didn't get any pink today either but I did get some glytchs and a friend got three of four pinks in like half an hour (he is really lucky with this). Another friend still gets non but it appears it is her hud and not the viewer as she tried the Linden viewer with the same non-delivery issue. Since she has plenty of glytchs she is really after gems so not a big deal except that she might not get any great goodies in the bonus area.  She can SEE it anyway.

Saw a gal that wasn't a Linden (at least last name wise) with a canon today. My only realistic scenario for her earning one in a bit over a week is that she got enough for five blue equivalents, went to the bonus round and picked up BETTER gems there (like maybe some blues).  I don't KNOW that of course but can't see any way she could have possibly earned 25 blues but enough for the fly swatter (another blue - well 99 pinks plus one pink for the net).  That seems pretty much impossible even if no one else was hunting. 

I didn't go that many places but I didn't see any zombie bots and that pausing lag thing wasn't happening as bad (assume it is a script initializing issue but I am NOT a scripts person). So WAY better than the weekend by today. Today was the first day that I got glytchs in inventory though.   

Good luck on your ten blue. Maybe by Thanksgiving !  :D

The thing is that i dont even have enough pinks for one blue and yes i rather would make the bonusround with 5 blues, but still. I wonder why those glytches who gave pink ones before now dont give any at all.

3 hours ago, Stangbo said:

The thing is that i dont even have enough pinks for one blue and yes i rather would make the bonusround with 5 blues, but still. I wonder why those glytches who gave pink ones before now dont give any at all.

No pinks for me today. It is in theory "random" and of course if you don't CATCH the glytch you don't get the pink that might be there. I will say though that I also usually do better with pinks.    

You DO know that you have to pay (undisclosed amount until someone tells us) to get into the Bonus areas and then once inside you can "buy more time". So it isn't like a free pass in there. Beyond that, I know not.  

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Linn Darkwatch said:

Is there a faster way to get gems than just hoping for Glytch payout? The game instructions talk about walking over them but I have not seen any gems lying on the ground in the areas with the Glytches. (I have seen gems lying on the ground in an area near Base Camp, but nothing happens when I walk over them. Guessing they are part of a bonus area?)  At this rate it will take months to earn enough blue gems for the bonus areas, which is way too long.

I did read that walk through and get them bit in one of the official reports (or wiki) and I did see folks trying to do that but it doesn't work  as far as I can see. So maybe they just need to fix that part. It might have been PLANNED and then didn't happen. 

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You DO know that you have to pay (undisclosed amount until someone tells us) to get into the Bonus areas and then once inside you can "buy more time". So it isn't like a free pass in there. Beyond that, I know not. 

Blue gems are what you have to pay. When I tried the gateways, it told me the gateway was 10 Blue gems.

Edited by Linn Darkwatch
formatting

52 minutes ago, Linn Darkwatch said:

Blue gems are what you have to pay. When I tried the gateways, it told me the gateway was 10 Blue gems.

It actually says " Sorry, but you do not have enough gems to visit Rusty Cauldron.  You need 10 blue gems and you have only [ insert your gem totals here]  gems.  Why not go and collect some more gems by capturing glytches?"

It does NOT say that it "costs" 10 blue gems -- only that you have to have that many in your coffers.

The wiki says  ( I can't paste in here legally so you can go look under BONUS LEVELS) but you get 30 minutes of play for an UNDISCLOSED number of gems. Might be 1 blue --- who knows?  If you only had 10 blue and you spent 10 blue there would be no way to buy additional time. 

Maybe someone who has been to a bonus level (I have seen one gal with a canon so suspect she might have been) might let us know -- then we will know :D.  I don't imagine I will ever get there. Things to do, people to see, venues to stock LOL. I am still curious. 

17 minutes ago, Linn Darkwatch said:

Okay, but the point is the same - that it will take months to accumulate that many gems, which is way too long.

I say the same, why did the epics and rares suddenly stop giving any gems at all no green ones and special no pink ones.

While I thought the pinks were completely gone I did get one this afternoon.  Maybe the Powers That Be decided that getting a rare or an epic was enough of a big deal. I do agree though that you only need one set and by the time someone has enough to enter the bonus round (any of them) they will have given away or deleted thousands of glytchs -- tens of thousands most likely. 

18 hours ago, Linn Darkwatch said:

Now if we could turn in Glytches somewhere for prizes, or something like turn in a dozen of something for a Rare, or 3 dozen for an Epic, that would make more sense for the Glytch gathering.  And it's a shame the Epics are all No Transfer.

I agree but i rather would like to be able to turn the epics and rares in to pink gems as long as they don't give any pinks them self. Like 4 rares for 1 pink and 2 epics for 1 pink, that would be a big help because as it is now i don't know if i want to go on sinceit will take month to get the blue gems i need.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.