Sculpty Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there everyone!  I have a question or two about sculpties and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else.  I apologize if this has already been asked but I haven't been able to find a previous thread.  I'm fairly new to building, but have been in sl for a few years now. I want to make some potted plants and flowers.  I have the sculpted plant panels and have been able to successfully create my plants with them, but I would like them to have that "flexi" look/ability to them.  When I look at that tab, that option isn't available when I use a sculpt map to create something, but if I just make a basic prim box, I can make it flexi.  Is this just a limitation of using sculpted prims, or am I doing something wrong when I'm creating my plants? If I need to use a prim template instead, I can do that, if someone can tell me where to find one.  All the ones I've seen though seem to be sculpted prims as well.  Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated!  Thanks so much in advance!

You can't make a sculpted prim flexi.  Sculpties save on prims, but they can't respond to the wind.  They just don't work that way.  If you really want flexi plants, you'll have to make them the old, standard way.  Texture three thin rectangular prims with the same alpha-textured plant image and make them intersect at 120 degree angles.  Then make the three flexi and link them all to a fourth base prim. 

• Like 1

If you make a 5-layered helical cone sculpt, mirror it downward, smooth as torus and apply torus stitching, you can also use an alpha in which a branch or frond is mirrored vertically from the center of the texture and duplicated at least eleven times horizonatally, you can then apply a script that rotates the prim in one direction while rotating the texture in the opposite direction, and the branches or fronds will appear to ripple correctly, whether you are viewing them from the front or the back.

I hope that clears it up.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.