Non-Copyble items not rez

Red2Blaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys, so i want to ask if someone got any idea what i can do on the matter, i was trying to rez a Gatch item that cost me some nice amount of Lindens to get, the item is not copyble

Now when i rez it, it told me the land owner dose not allow..... and the item just went away, I am the land owner, i have full perm on the sim, there have been no reason for it to fail to rez, and for me to lose it just like that

Is there anything i can do to get it back? so far the count on these is 3 items :(

So even if cant get it back, anyone know how to avoid that from happening? i am now scared to rez items

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Red2Blaze said:

Hey guys, so i want to ask if someone got any idea what i can do on the matter, i was trying to rez a Gatch item that cost me some nice amount of Lindens to get, the item is not copyble

Now when i rez it, it told me the land owner dose not allow..... and the item just went away, I am the land owner, i have full perm on the sim, there have been no reason for it to fail to rez, and for me to lose it just like that

Is there anything i can do to get it back? so far the count on these is 3 items :(

So even if cant get it back, anyone know how to avoid that from happening? i am now scared to rez items

Sometimes it is a temporary issue and today was server day so sometimes there are problems because of that.

If you are lucky the items will come back to you tomorrow (sometimes in your Lost and Found folder - sometimes not). So hopefully you know the name and can search for them to see if they returned. 

If you got the "does not allow message" it could be that you were trying to rez on some not so well made mesh (like a floor in a house maybe or even on some furniture like a table). This is because of bad physics.

To not have this happen as often you can 'test' by seeing if the item will attach to you (using ADD). If it does then the server has identified it and your chances of rezzing it are much better. You can also rez a prim and make it fairly large and then rez on the PRIM and not the floor. That should solve that "owner doesn't allow" message. 

If after that you still have an issue DO NOT REZ ANY MORE THINGS.  Wait until the next day, go to a sandbox and try then.

Also check the grid status to see if there are any grid wide issues going one. (Link in the top bar of these forums.)

Good luck. 

• Like 3

Chic's answer is right on.  You probably tried to rez the object somewhere that the servers don't like.  It might have been too close to the edge of the parcel, or it might have been on top of some mesh object (like the floor of your house) that has an poorly defined physics shape.  Whatever. When the servers can't figure out what to do, they generally won't let you rez the item. No-copy objects are strange, though.  The servers are fairly careful with them, because they don't want to lose them and they don't want to accidentally create an extra copy in your inventory. So, instead, the servers will hold onto the item for a while -- often just until you log it next time, but sometime for a day or so -- and then send the item back to you.  If that doesn't happen, submit a support case.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.