Blakes sea boundry - no-go area for yachts?

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some time now the sims round the big Nautilus Island at the western end of the Blakes Sea have been the very worst places for sim crossing in boats and airplanes.  Since the Great SecondLife DNS Meltdown on Wednesday (20170822) it seems even worse.  Once good sims in the area to the north-west, De Grasse, and the German Admirals, are now impossible to sail into.

Is this just me?  I tried several times yesterday, with different boats, large and small.  And every time the crossing failed and I had to wait for an age, or relog.  The main area of Blakes seemed OK.

Having a think about it, if there is a continuing DNS issue then the sims may be having issues transmitting the data packet that is me and yacht to the next sim.  Not that I fully understand the mechanism of sim crossing.

SecondLife Instability
Fri, Aug 25 2017 5:38:05 AM PDT

Since this week's server restarts, there appears to have been increased instability in SecondLife. This morning especially, I notice that 10 locations are affected. Some appear to be a recurrence of the bug observed before where a physical vehicle simply stops on entering the sim.
If you want to know what routes are broken, the Pod Status web page at http://yavascript.co.uk/ will show you. Locations highlighted in yellow (4 or more fails in the past 3 hours) are the suspect ones.

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks SL have screwed crossing sim boundaries after the Great SecondLife DNS Meltdown on Wednesday (20170822) .

11 hours ago, anna2358 said:

SecondLife Instability
Fri, Aug 25 2017 5:38:05 AM PDT

Since this week's server restarts, there appears to have been increased instability in SecondLife. This morning especially, I notice that 10 locations are affected. Some appear to be a recurrence of the bug observed before where a physical vehicle simply stops on entering the sim.
If you want to know what routes are broken, the Pod Status web page at http://yavascript.co.uk/ will show you. Locations highlighted in yellow (4 or more fails in the past 3 hours) are the suspect ones.

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks SL have screwed crossing sim boundaries after the Great SecondLife DNS Meltdown on Wednesday (20170822) .

Occasionally a region or regions can become "out of sync" with their neighbors and travel between them by vehicle becomes temporarily impossible. If you take out a support ticket and describe the crossing issues they should be able to restart the regions to get them re-synced. The DNS issues may have caused them to go out of sync - there were similar temporary issues with a number of Blake Sea regions back when the region land impact limits were raised but those issues went away soon after.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.