Help any ideas on buying parcel/private land

shota Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i been playing second life on and off and every time i play i must have a personal sim as i love to create and mod i had full stead sims rented for around $125-150 a month and i also had smaller parcels rented before to. the thing is i was always curious about the premium ship and i never had it . does it make buying land easier? do it provided more prims is it best to rent from someone else and pay that fee or go through linden labs i look at the buying land calculator and it all still add up to the same price just for privacy and its making the premium much less likely to have. tho the auction house has good prices for a buy off fee but I'm afriad that the monthly fees will still be $150 even if you buy flat out tops form the auction house.
these are my questions
1. is the buy out price the same as the monthly fees you will pay each month after winning the auction or will you go back paying the default price of a normal sim which defeat the point?((because now you still have the additional premium fee with it lol))
2.is buying from auction house better then renting.
3. is the land you buy from the auction house permanent and now your forever paying for it?
5. if you wish to no longer have it do you return it back to the previous auction person you buy from?

I'm just curious about this because i have a group of friend and family that plays :> and i always like the space to create not just for me but for them to.
im not new to renting land i just want to know the benefits of the auction and if it even worth i love to own a farmstead or parcel again for the holidays 

Premium is required to buy Mainland.  Whether you buy it outright -- through ads or finding parcels inworld - or via auction, it costs a flat L$ amount.  After that you pay a monthly Land Use Fee, which is based on the total size of your land minus 512 sqm -- the Premium membership gives you 512 sqm (use fee, not land).

Only you can decide if it is better to own your own piece of Mainland or to rent somewhere.  Prims are standard on Mainland - 175 prims/Land Impact per 512 sqm.  Prims will vary with rented land.  Often on rented estate land you'll get more prims than the standard for the size lot you get.

Side note - when renting estate land, it is often referred to as buying, but you really are just renting from whomever truly owns the estate.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Premium is required to buy Mainland.  Whether you buy it outright -- through ads or finding parcels inworld - or via auction, it costs a flat L$ amount.  After that you pay a monthly Land Use Fee, which is based on the total size of your land minus 512 sqm -- the Premium membership gives you 512 sqm (use fee, not land).

Only you can decide if it is better to own your own piece of Mainland or to rent somewhere.  Prims are standard on Mainland - 175 prims/Land Impact per 512 sqm.  Prims will vary with rented land.  Often on rented estate land you'll get more prims than the standard for the size lot you get.

Side note - when renting estate land, it is often referred to as buying, but you really are just renting from whomever truly owns the estate.

buy buying "mainland" you mean being around the commercial places? and advertisement? I'm quit needy in the prim area ahah.  it sounding more like renting is more free range then going through linden and if i did went mainland is the monthly fees always the same? 

29 minutes ago, shota Guardian said:

buy buying "mainland" you mean being around the commercial places? and advertisement? I'm quit needy in the prim area ahah.  it sounding more like renting is more free range then going through linden and if i did went mainland is the monthly fees always the same? 

Yes, with mainland, you always take the chance that who knows what may pop up right next to you.  As long as you don't change the size of your land, the monthly charge will not change either.

Yes, Premium will give you access to Live Chat, in addition to the normal Support tickets.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, with mainland, you always take the chance that who knows what may pop up right next to you.  As long as you don't change the size of your land, the monthly charge will not change either.

xD i take my chances renting then thanks tho! i thought i try something different then what i normally do but imma stay safe lol

29 minutes ago, shota Guardian said:

MAINLAND is any land owned by Linden Lab, not a private land holder (islands). As said you need a premium account to buy mainland rather outright from the owner or on auction.

https://secondlife.com/land/purchasing.php

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Land_Buying_FAQ

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

MAINLAND is any land owned by Linden Lab, not a private land holder (islands). As said you need a premium account to buy mainland rather outright from the owner or on auction.

https://secondlife.com/land/purchasing.php

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Land_Buying_FAQ

so buying land from linden makes you and estate owner but those prices tho?  for a 2094m land how much is that monthly on a auction house point of view and is the prims limited? or is it resize able?  cause information like that not listed any where so im curious 

2 hours ago, shota Guardian said:

Its possible to buy a parcel on mainland and be the only landowner on the whole sim. It will be less laggy that a fully occupied private estate. Mainland tier and estate rent is more or less the same. Mainland rent is quite a bit cheaper, but you get a lot less land rights since you don't "own" the land.

2 hours ago, shota Guardian said:

so buying land from linden makes you and estate owner but those prices tho?  for a 2094m land how much is that monthly on a auction house point of view and is the prims limited? or is it resize able?  cause information like that not listed any where so im curious 

You can find ALL the tier prices in your website account. Honestly, there are LOTS of places you can find out about this info. Do a little homework and decide what will work best for you.     

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You can find ALL the tier prices in your website account. Honestly, there are LOTS of places you can find out about this info. Do a little homework and decide what will work best for you.     

thats what im doing and when i check the account information it does not talk about the prims but it does list ideas about pricing of land by meters. i want to get more information about the  prims as well :> but i will keep  searching to

32 minutes ago, shota Guardian said:

thats what im doing and when i check the account information it does not talk about the prims but it does list ideas about pricing of land by meters. i want to get more information about the  prims as well :> but i will keep  searching to

You won't find any info on you own pages about Prims or Land Impact, as it is now known.  However, if you buy mainland, you will get 175 prims per 512 sqm.  If you rent anywhere, mainland or estate, there is no standard - you just have to look at the various rental ads.

As for land pricing on the mainland, IMO, unless it is truly special - beside a public road or next to water - it likely isn't worth more than L$1-2 per sqm.  Carefully watching listings or reviewing the inworld map, you can easily find mainland for that price and sometimes for less than $1 per sqm.

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You won't find any info on you own pages about Prims or Land Impact, as it is now known.  However, if you buy mainland, you will get 175 prims per 512 sqm.  If you rent anywhere, mainland or estate, there is no standard - you just have to look at the various rental ads.

As for land pricing on the mainland, IMO, unless it is truly special - beside a public road or next to water - it likely isn't worth more than L$1-2 per sqm.  Carefully watching listings or reviewing the inworld map, you can easily find mainland for that price and sometimes for less than $1 per sqm.

thank you for the conformation i will rent :> and try to find some land at great prices 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.