Question about Jeans/Footwear

MattNight84

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey :)

I just upgraded myself to a mesh body (Belleza Jake).  All is good except a lot of my footwear is peeking through the bottom of jeans/pants.  Say for example I wanted to wear jeans that went inside of boots.  I even have some sneakers that are showing through the bottom of jeans.  Is this to do with layers or is there any way to fix this problem?  Or I just need to look for pants/shoes that work together?  Just looking for answers from those more experienced users since I can't really figure it out.

Unfortunately that is a common problem. All quality clothes are connected to your body parts, so that even if you make your legs longer the jeans will get longer in response. The only solution is to carefully select your clothes so that they don't clash, or buy an outfit where the individual items have been made to work well together.

Edit: I should add that texture/applier clothes (that look "painted-on") are immune from this problem, so if you are happy to wear skin-tight jeans that might be a solution.

Edited by angeoco

I know Swear (aka Laponte and Baschild) makes a set of boots and jeans intended to be worn together where the bottom of the pants tuck into the boots.  They are not cheap and the pants will probably not fit well with many other boots but it is an option.  If it is any consolation, women have the same problems with pants and footwear. 

Another possibility is that some footwear (often marked as unrigged) can be repositioned, so you might be able to move them down a bit to clear the jeans, without  your feet poking through. If the feet do poke through, you might get away with removing them.

Rigged boots/shoes does not go well with mesh pants.

You got good advice already, but it is hard to search for such items. What my alt wears is mostly the Klaus shoes and Patmos boots from Deadwool. The versions that's not rigged, can be moved around. The boots also have a cutted version. And Vale Koer for sneakers, they have unrigged versions too.

Still, there are some issues with clipping.... I decided that I could tolerate some minor cuts.

And should you search for "unrigged" on the Marketplace, they will not show up in search because Deadwool use non-rigged in the description. And then there is not_rigged and not rigged. (and that will return all shoes with rigged in the description) :(

I try so many versions of the same words to find stuff.... looking good is a hard job! :P

Only issue i have with Lapointe & Bastchild is that their pants is made for so robust legs, they look horrible on my slimmer malt.

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Rigged boots/shoes does not go well with mesh pants.

You got good advice already, but it is hard to search for such items. What my alt wears is mostly the Klaus shoes and Patmos boots from Deadwool. The versions that's not rigged, can be moved around. The boots also have a cutted version. And Vale Koer for sneakers, they have unrigged versions too.

Still, there are some issues with clipping.... I decided that I could tolerate some minor cuts.

And should you search for "unrigged" on the Marketplace, they will not show up in search because Deadwool use non-rigged in the description. And then there is not_rigged and not rigged. (and that will return all shoes with rigged in the description) :(

I try so many versions of the same words to find stuff.... looking good is a hard job! :P

Only issue i have with Lapointe & Bastchild is that their pants is made for so robust legs, they look horrible on my slimmer malt.

Thanks for the info.  The sneakers that were poking through were actually from Vale Koer.  It was the ones they have as a group gift.  They only cut through the jeans a little though so not a big issue.  Some of their other ones are probably better too though like you said. :)

38 minutes ago, MattNight84 said:

Thanks for the info.  The sneakers that were poking through were actually from Vale Koer.  It was the ones they have as a group gift.  They only cut through the jeans a little though so not a big issue.  Some of their other ones are probably better too though like you said. :)

The retro dunks are nice too. :x

• Like 1

Upgrading an avatar to this or that meshbody often means to upgrade a wardrobe too.

I don't have a male meshbody so I can't point to stores selling shoes for Belleza Jake but you can consider to look for unrigged shoes, they can be resized and reposition so they can fit every pants.

There are many unrigged shoes available on the mp.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.