Being spammed by an error

CaraMcLean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To cut a long story short, got a new house and it has a built in radio, fine, but, its spamming me over and over with this line:

MRC Radio Denon Receiver: URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.

The radio is mod and so is the script, can anyone offer advice?  I think I could post the script here as at the top it states:

// BAS PmP
// last modified 17 May 2010

// written by Cookie Bertone
// this script is PUBLIC DOMAIN

// if instructions are renamed make change in this script also!!

In a word...  help

There's no problem with the script.  The problem is with the URL that you are passing it for the streaming audio.  As the message says, that URL has an illegal control character in it.  I doubt that you can "fix" it, but you may be able to find an alternative web address for that station.  If not, forget it and listen to something else.

/me sighs 

Nope, seems to specifically be this in the script cause even a solo working stream gives the error. 

// timer section is new for version 1.5

timer()
    {
        //llHTTPRequest(nPlayingURL+"/7.html HTTP/1.0\nUser-Agent: XML Getter (Mozilla Compatible)\n\n",[],"");
        llHTTPRequest(nPlayingURL+"/7.html HTTP/1.1\nUser-Agent:Mozilla\n\n",[],"");

Its the only mention of "HTTPRequest" in the entire thing. 

Oh, well, then.... You can look to see how the variable called nPlayingURL is defined in the script.  That's where the URL for any music stream is being loaded, but I doubt that there's anything wrong there.  I still suspect that what's happened is that whoever typed that notecard did it with a word processor originally and then dumped it to the notecard without removing formatting characters.

With todays server deploy the sim host servers have an updated operating system, which requires some modifications to http requests like yours.

See this thread for more information on the matter, and some examples of how the requests should look like from now on.

• Like 2

Hi, I am getting this same error message with my tip jar, which displays the song info I DJ. I have used this same tip jar and script for many years now, and this is the first time I have experienced this. It is happening with both tip jars at my club, as well as the one that I rez when I DJ. I have no clue how to fix it, or even if it is fixable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Nixx Blues

4 hours ago, Phoenixx Constantine said:

Hi, I am getting this same error message with my tip jar, which displays the song info I DJ. I have used this same tip jar and script for many years now, and this is the first time I have experienced this. It is happening with both tip jars at my club, as well as the one that I rez when I DJ. I have no clue how to fix it, or even if it is fixable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Nixx Blues

Check if the creator has an update available for the tip jar.  If the tip jar is one of the SHX board add-ons then there should be an update available.
See the thread Arton posted above for further details.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryann Slade said:

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? 

Check this:

and this:

and this:

And sometimes reading a few posts in the thread you posted may reveal one or the other hint as well.

Edited by arton Rotaru
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryann Slade said:

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? 

It's not broken.  It needs an upgrade. SL's server code was just upgraded to repair a longstanding problem, so your radio is not compatible with the servers any more.  You will have to decide whether it's cheaper to ask the creator of your radio to rewrite the script or to buy a new radio.  If you're really lucky, the creator may already have an upgrade.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.